a question for everyone with a gun

LOL... We ALL (myself included) sit back and talk tuff about what we would do if this or that went down but when is the last time you did anything to stop or change it???
We are a bunch of ******* (myself still included)!! Our Forefathers rebelled over some taxes!!! I can't imagine what they would do if they actually saw a govt. slowly taking away our 2nd Amendment right and countless others... Can you? Maybe they were just more loyal or patriotic to the Constitution.....?

I am a Patriot... I am a Constitutionalist..... I am a CHRISTain.

What if we had a Million Man Armed March??? WE would be unstoppable.....

LOL.... Now I have to go hide. The FBI will be here shortly. :cool:

LOL... We ALL (myself included) sit back and talk tuff about what we would do if this or that went down but when is the last time you did anything to stop or change it???
We are a bunch of ******* (myself still included)!! Our Forefathers rebelled over some taxes!!! I can't imagine what they would do if they actually saw a govt. slowly taking away our 2nd Amendment right and countless others... Can you? Maybe they were just more loyal or patriotic to the Constitution.....?

I am a Patriot... I am a Constitutionalist..... I am a CHRISTain.

What if we had a Million Man Armed March??? WE would be unstoppable.....

LOL.... Now I have to go hide. The FBI will be here shortly. :cool:

I am afraid you might be right, I would advocate every day but my voice is muffled because it is only one voice. But I think people will realize enough is enough at some point. I'm not saying go to war but maybe a million man march. One voice gets thrown in prison and labeled a radical. So why bother. Right now I'm just going to protect whats mine when SHTF. The way the world is today everyone needs to unite as one Nation. UNDER GOD WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. But I fear we have lost those times. And I fear the future..

Don't oversimplify the process or think it was as easier then to go to war than it is now. It cheapens the incredible amount of work done by the patriots then to get a movement started, and it disheartens patriots now who based on these sentiments might think all is lost before it even started.

I suggest you guys read a book called "William Diamond's Drum." It is probably the best history of the groundwork for the American Revolution and you will find that beginning to end the process to nearly 25 years. And it wasnt about taxes, that was way down on the list. Read it, you'll feel better.

Don't oversimplify the process or think it was as easier then to go to war than it is now. It cheapens the incredible amount of work done by the patriots then to get a movement started, and it disheartens patriots now who based on these sentiments might think all is lost before it even started.

I suggest you guys read a book called "William Diamond's Drum." It is probably the best history of the groundwork for the American Revolution and you will find that beginning to end the process to nearly 25 years. And it wasnt about taxes, that was way down on the list. Read it, you'll feel better.
I enjoy reading so I will read this book.
I'm one of the the people that will stand up when the time comes. I just won't get anything done alone.
That being said I think this thread is on the edge of politics and I'm going to bow out. Out of respect of the forum rules and fellow members.
Good luck to you all. And thanks for your patriotism..

All I'm going to say about this subject is..
I'm a PATRIOT and believe in the Constitution and if they keep trying to shred it then the second amendment is the first to go and I'm going to fight for the greater good.. and if there is a natural disaster I promise the looters are not getting any thing from me till I'm out of ammo and arrows..

Your wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise.
I'm stubborn on my beliefs..
Better safe than sorry is how I live..

Brewer thank God our forefathers didn't care for their own skin as much as you do or we'd still be toasting the Queen before dinner. My guess is you have never in your life been to a third world hole where the average man would love to have the freedoms you apparently take for granted.

You will be left alone if you just make nice and comply? For the sake of my children's generation I urge you to read some history and really test your assertion against the stark and disturbing facts of the twentieth century. Im not being sarcastic here, I would seriously ask you to reconsider.

Principle matters and is worth dying for if we are to have the rule of law. Everyman must decide for himself when enough is enough and it is time to quit trying to hold government accountable within the system, and begin forcing accountability to the law by other means. Honest men can disagree on how bad things need to get before we must allow our fervent desire to live in peace to take a backseat to our demand for government to respect our God given liberties and follow the limits set down for it in the Constitution. I won't debate where that line exists, as two good Patriots can and will disagree on that.

What is not up for debate is that the line must exist somewhere or freedom is already lost or soon will be. A citizen who will not eventually use whatever means is necessary, including force, to uphold the rule of law is not a citizen at all. They are more properly called a subject or serf of the government official who IS willing to use force. If a man's freedom depends on the SELF RESTRAINT of any government, then that is no different at all than depending on the benevolence of a king. Though the man might enjoy peace for a time it will be fleeting, and his "rights" aren't rights at all, they are priveleges, subject to the continued benevolence of that king. Or dictator. Or dear leader. Or any other name given to men who rule by their own desires rather than rule of LAW.

We here in America have had the luxury of not contemplating these things for a long time, thank God. That said, we should make no mistake; this is a well trodden path and history is replete with examples of the sad fates of individuals and entire peoples whose futures were dependent on the kindness of kings and benevolence of government officials because they were unwilling to resist.

A man who would be free will decide where that line is, and stick to it whatever the cost. He may not win. In fact if he is first he will most certainly lose, and lose big. The signers of the Declaration of Independence endured tremendous personal loss that they never recouped. So have men in wars since who have defended our way of life at great, even crushing, personal loss.

These men, willing to risk everything for mere principle, are named Patriots. We cannot return to them what they have lost. We can only honor them by taking up their cause when liberty is again under threat, and ensure their sacrifice was not in vain by doing what they did, holding nothing back, and risking....everything.

Some closing thoughts by some principled men:

"The truth is, all might be free if they valued freedom, and defended it as they ought."

""If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stuart Mill

And a warning from a man who made a mistake that put him and his people in the Gulag, and one of the saddest regrets in history:
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

O will have a more full responce later but here is the skinny:

I wasnt talking about our guns being taken by the United States of American government, I was refuring to the 'end of the world'. though I would doubt if your county sherif came by to confinsacte your firearms, you would put up any resistance.

my point was if the united states were overcome by X country, I think you would be much more affective by blending in and being covert as opposed to being confrontational. how much good do your long range shooting skills do you in a skermish at less than 100 yards?

I think I would play along...

O will have a more full responce later but here is the skinny:

I wasnt talking about our guns being taken by the United States of American government, I was refuring to the 'end of the world'. though I would doubt if your county sherif came by to confinsacte your firearms, you would put up any resistance.

my point was if the united states were overcome by X country, I think you would be much more affective by blending in and being covert as opposed to being confrontational. how much good do your long range shooting skills do you in a skermish at less than 100 yards?

I think I would play along...
Again, your wasting your time.
Good luck surrendering to the enemy.
I'm not..

Ok Brewer, I follow now. I am sorry and apologize if I misunderstood your intentions earlier, it's just that I have heard the line of thinking so many times it is frustrating.

This is deep in hypothetical land so much that only generalities apply but suffice to say if Americans found themselves in the "Red Dawn" type of situation I think you are suggesting, then of course you would follow the same kind of "insurgency" tactics, just as General Washington fought delaying actions and only directly engaged when he had an advantage. The overwhelming military superiority of the British as the world's greatest superpower meant that Gen Washington had to be extremely careful not to squander the scant resources he had in actions he couldn't win.
Thats as far as you can really compare things, in the most general terms.

I do not think an American invasion is imminent- that would be as foolish as invading Russia in the winter.

I do not think an American insurgency is imminent, nor advisable, things are not close to being that far yet. That's why it's important to know it wasn't just taxes before. The crown was quartering troops in private homes for instance, and blockading the entire city of Boston, and physically began trying to confiscate weapons. It wasn't just one thing, it was a host of things.

So my position is clear, I'll say it again. A good man will only use force as a last resort, and only to prevent force being improperly used against himself or others. A good man who would also be a free man cannot ever rule out the use of force, or he takes off the table the only thing that men who would be tyrants will listen to.
Citizens need guns for the same reason cops need guns...because some times that is the only answer a criminal will take. Good cops, and good citizens, only go to that argument when they must, and other measures fail.

KY, very, very well said. I stand ready. and if the sherrif came to my door looking for wepons, he'd get a few, maybe even most (you can only fire one at a time) but dont think he would get them all. in my county, my sherif would refuse to come to get guns, so I think we would be on the same team...

KYPatriot, well said.

Are forums monitored: yes
Will it be used on mass: no
Will it be used on individuals who grossly violate: yes, haven't seen any here

Will there ever be an overt invasion of the USA: no
Gorilla/terrorist: of course
Will gun laws be used for on mass confiscation: no, it will be more subtle
Will an officer show up at your door: it could happen, he will be "just doing my job" putting you in a one on one situation.
Will the US military take action against citizens: no, too steeped in freedoms

Will there ever be an internal insurrection with enough citizen support to be considered valid: I hope not, even to the point of getting down with my higher power on this.

Of course then I consider the facts. California is near the top of the list for attempts at gun control. California is near the top of the list of taxes collect vs. low return on those tax dollars. Scratches very bald head and wonders...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.