a question for everyone with a gun

hammer111

I was just sitting here watching tv, when this thought entered my pea brain. Do you think the government monitors sites like this and sees who's posting pic of their guns and than compiles a list of people that owns guns. And are you worried about that ?

Nope. There'd be such sh$tstorm when made public, that nobody would authorize it. Couldn't be done on the down-low because it would be too big, eventually word would get out. Too many people.

Besides there'd be easier ways to compile such a list, like confiscating 4473's from all the FFLs, or simply recording the SSNs of everyone who goes through the NICS. Both would be tough to keep secret, and would cause similar poo-nados.

I wouldn't doubt they troll around in some of the darker corners of the net looking for actual criminal activity, but compiling a list by monitoring hunting forums, nope. Doesn't worry me.

-nosualc

I cant help but think the expanding hobby of LRH worries some of those guys, but monitoring forums to that level. Not a chance. Too busy looking for actual bad guys.

Im sure if you hammer in a bunch of key words in the right way you might pop up on someones computer screen somewhere but i think we are far from that on this forum.

When watching something over the intel transfer between the FBI and CIA one day I heard the CIA director say, "gathering dots is easy, we have millions of dots. Connecting them is where all of our effort goes."

Yes, the forums are monitored. This one included. Not necessary to get any form of approval from any representative body. It's "public".

I have 2 levels of "inside" information. No, I will not share it. No, I am not just trying to be "big man" just facts, I'm not important to anyone, thank goodness.

Do they care what we do. Not really as long as you keep your nose clean.

I was shopping for bulk ammo online and my lab top web cam snapped a pic of me and posted it at the bottom of my screen, then it posted that someone has snapped this pic of me and was trying to hack my computer.

I wonder who that was...

I was shopping for bulk ammo online and my lab top web cam snapped a pic of me and posted it at the bottom of my screen, then it posted that someone has snapped this pic of me and was trying to hack my computer.

I wonder who that was...

Now that's very interesting. Nothing our Govt does today suprises me, they cater to the enemy and treat American citizens like crap.

Bottom line is that the Internet is perhaps the most public of all communications media.
Everything we share through the internet is open to public scrutiny; in one form or another. The most accessible public information is typically found on social connection sites like Facebook, Twitter, various "chat rooms" and forums like this one.
"Hacking", in one form or another, is more common than many internet users probably realize. It's a hobby for some and a business or profession for others and there will never be a totally "hacker proof protection" system - it's not logical to assume that a connection that is open to everyone in the entire world can be secured to prevent an uninvited user from looking through your computer systems files.
Rule No. 1 is to never type anything on the internet that you wouldn't say aloud in a church, courtroom, interrogation room or your doctor's waiting room. (and disable the camera function on your home computer until you actually need to use it.) :D

Land of the free home of the brave my eye. The fact that this is even a discussion and given serious thought is evidence of how low we have sunk as a representative republic.

Land of the free home of the brave my eye. The fact that this is even a discussion and given serious thought is evidence of how low we have sunk as a representative republic.

Right on target, Dave. Time was when we could rely on government to protect our rights. Today we need to find a way to protect our rights against an oppressive government.

I don't care. Though it's none of their dang business, I don't care if they know. I don't want them t know the specifics of how many and exact ones, I do want them to keep in mind that I am armed, ;)

I don't think so...There are hundreds(maybe thousands) of sites that would pose a a whole lot more concern to them than we ever would. They also seem to have their hands full these days with much more pressing issues given the current state of affairs.

Everything you do or say online or on a cell phone is being recorded, not necessarily analyzed or listened to real time but recorded. While this is blatantly unconstitutional I do hope the Feds have learned one thing from this massive collection of data...that Americans own a $&@!ton of guns and there are lots of patriots willing to do whatever is necessary to keep them and their liberty.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.