A nice little score for the Quarterbore!

The last time that I was in Hafers, that place was mobbed. They do have a huge selection of rifles.
The Hendershots folks have always treated me great, not the cheapest that you will find though. They always seemed to carry some fine rifles, a step up in the quality of firearms.
I quit buying firearms in Md. The NICS always take 3 days to get approved. And in Pa I'll have it approved in less than 5 minutes. Depending on what time I do the check. 1:00- 3:00 in the afternoon, seems to be the sweet spot. After 5:00 look for an hour or better wait.

Great score! Never tried those out of my 25-06….but 90gr Absolute Hammers going 3640 fps have been working wonderfully on whitetails for me.

It's not like you would think. I put an 85gr Hammer Hunter in a buck with a muzzle velocity of a touch over 3400. We deboned that deer in the field the next morning. The far side shoulder had a bullet diameter hole through it with no bloodshoot....it was quite literally a 'eat up to the hole' situation. I was really surprised. The 4 deer I shot with the 25-06, while the organs were liquified, the meat damage was less than I'd expect from a traditional cup and core bullet.

There are a lot of similar comments over on HammerTime forum on the lack of bloodshot meat from Hammers. However, it does seem like their new tipped Hammers, the HHTs, are resulting in more terminal trauma and result in more meat loss. I've got a load developed for my 270 WSM using the 122gr HHT that's shooting 0.4" groups at 3373 fps. The lower velocity should help keep terminal damage down.
+1
25 cal 90gr Absolute Hammers do not do excessive meat damage at high velocity. My load pretty much matches Choprzrul's.
Taken four deer with it.

Fantastic bullet!
There are. I dropped this guy at 180 yards with the 117 Gr. Pro Hunter version of that bullet last year. Found the empty jacket in the offside shoulder. Lead went on through and exited after a perfect mushroom.

Buck:
buck002.jpg

Recovered bullet:
Bullet.jpg

Last edited:
Thats it!! Hendershots. I stand corrected. Prices were ridiculous. My apologies to all, especially Hafers
I stopped by Hendershots and both Hafers locations yesterday.
Looking for a Meopta scope.

Yeah, Hendershots is a little pricey, but they stock Dakota and Cooper rifles. Not cheap to begin with.
They also had a NULA and a Bansner rifle.
Their inexpensive line of rifles were Winchester Model 70s.

I stopped by Hendershots and both Hafers locations yesterday.
Looking for a Meopta scope.

Yeah, Hendershots is a little pricey, but they stock Dakota and Cooper rifles. Not cheap to begin with.
They also had a NULA and a Bansner rifle.
Their inexpensive line of rifles were Winchester Model 70s.
Bought all my Coopers from Lance and still have 2 of them. Too bad Hendershots had to move from their East Hagarstown location, as it was convenient for me. Anyway, the 2 Hafers locations are my go to LGS's. They have a good inventory and are pretty decent to deal with, buy/sell, etc. when we go up to my in-laws in PA, I always stop in at Grice's too.

Many years ago I purchased a Ruger M77 with a tang safety for a backup varmint rifle. Never got it to shoot light bullets. Had a friend that told me to load the heavy bullets over a case of 4831 and it will shoot. I purchased some Sierra 117 GameKings, loaded them over 50 some odd grains of 4831 and went to the range. Didn't think I was on the paper. Group, 5 shots, measured slightly less than .375 and I have never tried anything else.
I have more money and time now, so I might try something new. Just hard to leave that recipe the way it shoots.
25-06 IS my favorite antelope and deer cartridge. There is none better for those two species.
My two cents for what it is worth.

There are a lot of similar comments over on HammerTime forum on the lack of bloodshot meat from Hammers. However, it does seem like their new tipped Hammers, the HHTs, are resulting in more terminal trauma and result in more meat loss.
Please, where did you read this? My 257 WBY shoots the 95 gr. HHT great and I was counting on using them this coming deer season.

I've been looking for 270 Pete for that reason.
Do you have a source ?
I put in at Graf & Son and wait. They'll let you know. The other is I called Peterson Brass on when they were going to produce some 280AI over a year ago. The replied and advise me when the run of case was being mored out farther out. They came thru and Graf & Son did too. Brass prices are sure going up. I stated at about $450 for 500 cases and then again for another 500 cases. The price was up over another $100.00. Now they are even higher.
I just got 250 case in 700PRC at $433. Last price. Kind of shows what the price increases are. Now powder has done the same. Unbelievable!