A nice little score for the Quarterbore!

Was talking to a buddy about that load and his comment was
"Pre grind your meat".
Was interested in the performance as well. Thanks again.
It's not like you would think. I put an 85gr Hammer Hunter in a buck with a muzzle velocity of a touch over 3400. We deboned that deer in the field the next morning. The far side shoulder had a bullet diameter hole through it with no bloodshoot....it was quite literally a 'eat up to the hole' situation. I was really surprised. The 4 deer I shot with the 25-06, while the organs were liquified, the meat damage was less than I'd expect from a traditional cup and core bullet.

There are a lot of similar comments over on HammerTime forum on the lack of bloodshot meat from Hammers. However, it does seem like their new tipped Hammers, the HHTs, are resulting in more terminal trauma and result in more meat loss. I've got a load developed for my 270 WSM using the 122gr HHT that's shooting 0.4" groups at 3373 fps. The lower velocity should help keep terminal damage down.

It's not like you would think. I put an 85gr Hammer Hunter in a buck with a muzzle velocity of a touch over 3400. We deboned that deer in the field the next morning. The far side shoulder had a bullet diameter hole through it with no bloodshoot....it was quite literally a 'eat up to the hole' situation. I was really surprised. The 4 deer I shot with the 25-06, while the organs were liquified, the meat damage was less than I'd expect from a traditional cup and core bullet.

There are a lot of similar comments over on HammerTime forum on the lack of bloodshot meat from Hammers. However, it does seem like their new tipped Hammers, the HHTs, are resulting in more terminal trauma and result in more meat loss. I've got a load developed for my 270 WSM using the 122gr HHT that's shooting 0.4" groups at 3373 fps. The lower velocity should help keep terminal damage down.
I shoot the PPU 90 gr HP. And it sounds like the results are very similar between the two. I usually get a exit hole about the size of a half dollar. Haven't had to track a deer yet. Very impressed with the results. I bought some Hammers to try once I get my stash shot up. I bought a few different weight bullets to try from Hammer. I am hoping to get the heavier bullets to work. My rifle just didn't seem to like any heavy from factory. I was getting groups 5 to 8 inches. Until I started shooting the 90s. This was the main reason I got into reloading. And being able to load for calibers you can't obtain anymore.

OK where did you score ?
It was at Hafer's gun shop. They have a location in Hagerstown, MD and another about 20 minutes away in Falling Waters WV. The partnership works well, as you can't transfer mags over 20 rounds in MD so if you buy a gun that comes with a 20 round mag, they ship the mag to WV and you go down there and pick it up. The nice thing is that both stores have a pretty decent selection of reloading components so I went to both stores the other day. They are pretty good to deal with when it comes to buying/trading guns too.

It was at Hafer's gun shop. They have a location in Hagerstown, MD and another about 20 minutes away in Falling Waters WV. The partnership works well, as you can't transfer mags over 20 rounds in MD so if you buy a gun that comes with a 20 round mag, they ship the mag to WV and you go down there and pick it up. The nice thing is that both stores have a pretty decent selection of reloading components so I went to both stores the other day. They are pretty good to deal with when it comes to buying/trading guns too.
Ooohhhhh, your local!!!
Howdy from Altoona, PA.
Grew up in Boonsboro, MD.

Thing i hate about MD, ya gotta show ID to get powder.

I've heard of them. Just never got there yet. lol Next trip to Clear Brook I will have to check them out.

Theyre pricey as i recall