A nice little score for the Quarterbore!

We go a few bullets, some new Actions, Dies, and plenty of 6.5X284 & .260 Rem brass that can be formed to a 25x284 or 25 Souper.
Just think that we have more rifles that animals to hunt.
Just need a Barrrel and reamer. We already have a .257 Bob reamer but still don't know which if anyway to go.

Attachments

• .257 Bullets.jpg
    .257 Bullets.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 29
Did a little shopping today and found these 2 little Jems! That 117 Sierra ain't no spring Chicken but it shoots just as well as the 115 VLD out of my Cooper! Really happy to get the Norma brass too!!
View attachment 529394
I have found very little difference between the 115 gr. load for my.25-06 Remington 700 and the 117 gr. load. Just a slight edge to the 115 gr. over the bench, but not enough to affect hunting accuracy out to 200 yds.

Bought all my Coopers from Lance and still have 2 of them. Too bad Hendershots had to move from their East Hagarstown location, as it was convenient for me. Anyway, the 2 Hafers locations are my go to LGS's. They have a good inventory and are pretty decent to deal with, buy/sell, etc. when we go up to my in-laws in PA, I always stop in at Grice's too.
Where did they move to?
The last I remember they moved from Hancock to Hagerstown.

I have found very little difference between the 115 gr. load for my.25-06 Remington 700 and the 117 gr. load. Just a slight edge to the 115 gr. over the bench, but not enough to affect hunting accuracy out to 200 yds.
Oh yeah, 100%. I ran the 115 Nosler Ballistic tips for quite a while out of my Cooper and they were great. The 117 Sierras were just cheaper (and for me, actually better).

Many years ago I purchased a Ruger M77 with a tang safety for a backup varmint rifle. Never got it to shoot light bullets. Had a friend that told me to load the heavy bullets over a case of 4831 and it will shoot. I purchased some Sierra 117 GameKings, loaded them over 50 some odd grains of 4831 and went to the range. Didn't think I was on the paper. Group, 5 shots, measured slightly less than .375 and I have never tried anything else.
I have more money and time now, so I might try something new. Just hard to leave that recipe the way it shoots.
25-06 IS my favorite antelope and deer cartridge. There is none better for those two species.
My two cents for what it is worth.
I have run 87 grain Hornady SP's and 95 Grain Sierra Blitzkings in my .25-06 with IMR 4831 and RL-19, respectively with velocities in the 3,350 range. I had very acceptable accuracy from these loads but this was several years ago. I love to hunt groundhogs and would always develop a varmint load and a deer load for every rifle. As components became more expensive, I said to hell with that, and chose a medium weight bullet that would be good for both groundhogs and deer. So, I guess it might be a little silly to hunt varmints with a 115 Berger Hybrid but depending upon how much you shoot and taking into consideration that you consume more powder with lighter bullets, it might be a wash. There are other factors, of course but this makes things more efficient for me.