A few MORE guns. . .(revised, added more stuff)

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by NesikaChad, Jul 23, 2008.

1. NesikaChad

NesikaChad Well-Known Member

A few pics for fun.

280 AI

Big parts:
    Remington 700 Titanium
    Jewel trigger
    Mark Chanlynn barrel
    McMillan Hunter's Edge stock
    Sunny Hill floor metal

Stuff done:

Complete blue print on the action
    Helical thread milled receiver threads (because I'm too lazy to set up a cat's head)
    Indexed, milled, enlarged to 8-40 scope mount holes
    External bolt release
    Proprietary "smooth action" fire control modification.
    Proprietary enclosed bolt shroud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the bedding. Different gun, but same process/result.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I noticed that your action and bolt both have what seems to be a blasted finish and it looks kinda rough , is that some sort of coating or is it just bare metal? I would think that the bare metal like that would make for a rough feel to the action when cycling it.

3. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

That table that the gun is sitting on caught my eye. That is one nice table. I like the 280 too:) Nice bolt stop. That shroud caught my eye too.

4. NesikaChad

It's a coating done by "Falcon Coat" out in Montana. Use it a lot on customer guns. Its not nearly as coarse as the photos make it to be. Very slick feeling. Just a satin, no glare finish.

Funny, I get a lot of remarks about the table and the tool box when I post up gun photos.

5. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Hey! The title said a few guns. That was only one. I'd like to see some more eye candy like that!

6. NesikaChad

My photobucket account has issues . .

Working on it, will try to get more up here soon.

Thanks.

7. James Jones

Hey Chad , How hard are those bolt shrouds to come by?

8. adam

adam Well-Known Member

I just did my first bedding job, and though i think that it turned out ok, I have to ask: how the heck do you keep your lines so clean? That is a bee-ee-a-utiful job!

9. James Jones

He cheats , just kiddin Chad

I forgot your a Marine , we call that "improvise , adapt and overcome" not cheating

10. kfrye

kfrye Well-Known Member

Great looking rifle- I like the shroud a lot too. CHad, where did you get the tool box?

Ken

11. NesikaChad

Ok, a few more guns.

The shroud is part of a fire control set up that I conjured up for Remingtons. A new striker and cocking piece is also required for it all to work. that and some additional machine work to the bolt. It's kind of a one way trip when you do this, but it makes the action feel a bit better when cycling.

The bedding process is three years of work. There's no real magic to it. Just attention to detail. The big "secret" is the pillar design. Just a different approach to make life much easier when bedding. The actions sit right on waterline and point straight down the stock. pretty cool.

Tool box is a Gerstner knockoff/copy. You can find them on Ebay for around a hundred bucks. A genuine Gerstner starts at about a thousand and just gets crazier from there. I'd rather spend the money on the tools instead.

Here's a couple additional photos. Finally got rid of the bug I think. Trojan Vundo is a pain in the neck to purge.

This is the bedding of my International Palma Rifle built on an English Walnut stock.

[​IMG]

Here's the stock. The "Nesika" is inlaid in pewter.

[​IMG]

Closer view of the back end. My proprietary adjustable cheekpiece. Bronze bushed, hone pin bores, clicker thumbwheel matched to the rear sight, quick detach without losing the height adjustment.

[​IMG]

My all steel ladder sight. 4140 chromoly and heat treated to 35HRC. True 5MOA increments based off the gun's sight radius.

[​IMG]

More to follow. . .

Here's an example of installed floor metal on a finished rifle.

[​IMG]

Here's what it looks like out of a stock. Notice what it doesn't have. (Bedding oozing all over the inside.) It's a true one to one machined fit.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the interest.

~NC

12. jjmp

jjmp Well-Known Member

Chad,
    very very nice work,thanks for the pix's. regards jjmp

13. NesikaChad

Thanks for the comments.

This work will be for sale come fall. Doing my derndest to get my shop started then.

LongRifles, Inc.

Cheers,

~NC