A different handgun than I usually use...

Ernie

SPONSOR
It feels wrong to think a Ruger revolver can be this accurate - The Franken-Ruger!
This is some of the shooting I was able to do last week.
Did some hunting too, but more on that later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see it either, but maybe its my computer at fault. Would love to see some pics.

I used by phone to view the video - that is some amazing hardware and shooting.

I admired but was not particularly impressed with the 100 yard results. IMO, 100 yards with the setup described in the video is not especially difficult. But when they got out to 150 yards I was truly impressed - very impressed. That's difficult with a handgun even with a rest. :)
Congrats on your success gentlemen.

The 150 yard shooting was harder for me since I had no back support, and I had not figured out, to use my little leather pillow bag.
Plus, I was holding over from a 50 yard zero without having clue of my MV or my drops. It was literally shooting that took place after several cylinders full, my very first time to ever shoot either revolver.
Once I know my drops (dialed or reticle or combo of both) I expect my 150 yards group to tighten up considerably.

Once I know my drops (dialed or reticle or combo of both) I expect my 150 yards group to tighten up considerably.

Well, Ernie, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about being successful in achieving that goal. I've done a lot of handgun shooting (over a period of thirty years of competition) You're obviously a very good shot ... press on. :cool:

Thank you.
Oh, I am pressing on. Got over 1000 170 grain Sierra Tournament Match bullets in today. Brass will soon be ordered as well.
Chris has my builder GP-100 in hand.
All is good.:D
Well, Ernie, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about being successful in achieving that goal. I've done a lot of handgun shooting (over a period of thirty years of competition) You're obviously a very good shot ... press on. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.