A Desert Tech SRS-A1 338LM Gets Brutalized by Primal Rights

grow up you cry babies the title says gets brutalized, wouldn't that imply that the guy is going to attempt to damage the rifle. If I was in the market for one this would be a good review. wildrose did you show the same attitude when shawn carlock did the same thing to his action to prove its ability?

Given that I'm careful in my reloading practices and don't make a habit of trying to run my guns far into the red zone and have a brass life of ONE, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn from this other than someone has an expensive gun to abuse. Happy for you if it was a fun experiment, but as a selling point it's kind of meaningless unless you do stupid things on the bench.

Wish you would have chronographed the loads... I burst out laughing when you brought out the pistol powder.... Lol

Thought the video was informative concerning that action.
Not in the market for that particular rifle, but have had some interest in a bull pup designed rifle.
Thanks for sharing.

I want to see the same test performed with a reduced load of IMR4831. I know of at least one case of a gentleman trying to find a reduced load to hunt turkeys with a 25-06. i want to say he was shooting a 50% reduced load, so somewhere around 25 gr. IMR 4831. sheered the lugs and stuck the bolt into his shoulder.

Some powders are very explosive if there is too much space in the case. overloading cases is not the only mistake that causes dramatic failures.

I didn't say I'd watched the entire video.

I stopped watching when I got sick of the childish glee being expressed as you admitted tried to blow up the rifle.

Had I been able to stomach it to the 8:00 point where you finally tell us what it is you're up to I might have come away with a somewhat different opinion.

It doesn't matter what you do at the 8:00 point of a video if you've lost your target audience by the 3:00 mark so the problem here is with your deliver and your attitude.

Until you explained it, I had no way to even know that you were the guy in the video since you don't state it as such in your OP or even your first reply.

There's most certainly a benefit in torture testing new technology, especially when it comes to firearms in order to prove they are designed not to fail even under the most extreme circumstances but if you're going to do that, it would be a great idea to say so at the start rather than the end.

I'll say this, I have a natural fear of any bull pup design for the reason your face is right over the part that's going to blow if anything does blow due to the shortened design.

This video however tells me that if I were inclined to buy this model rifle that would be of little concern.

I would however at least at this point make sure I ordered one from another vendor.
So petty. So ridiculous.

I wish more would test to failure, that's how any responsible manufacturer evaluates their product along with FMEA. And yes it can be fun in the process. So I have to ask, did you learn anything in the process that improved design? If yes from 5 years ago, has the design matured further? Plenty of videos recently showing the worse but this rifle held up like a champ.