974yard over 33" Mule Deer

Look's like the Berger 210 VLDs expanded - no problems - at that long distance and the reduced impact velocities. I'm glad to see that as I'm also shooting 210 VLDs in my 300 Win Mag.

Nice buck and two great back-to-back hits! Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Great shot! Very nice wall hanger of a muley as well, congrat's.

Oh, Go Big Red!

Congratulations on a great accomplishment! And thanks for the excellent photos and explanation. It motivates guys like me to get our act together and develop these skills.

Great Job Magnus on a real trophy. You and Joe make one hell of a team. Your shooting and hunting skills are very sharp. Thanks for pointing me to Joe for a long range rifle and for all the help you offered me.

Jeff

Mangus,

Lemme at my applause too......

That had to be one heck of a nice hunt with plenty of preparation to result in that kind of an outcome.

Not having been there I can only dream about the hours of spotting that went into it.

All the parts of the system, shooter, rifle, shooter, glass and some leg muscles were all worth whatever was paid for them.

Let's see that big grin, one more time.

I bet he's grinning too....:D

Way to breathe new life into an older, but great thread Roy.
Im glad you did, as I hadnt seen these pics yet.
MAGNUS, Congrats!!! I dont care if he only goes 160ish Id shoot one like him opening minute of opening morning if I had the chance. A 33'' deer is a 33'' deer. Thats a heck of a trophy in my book. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Magnus, what a great trouphy. :) The trophy is your awesome shot, and your awesome gun. The head is just a nice addition. Good job. I love the pictures. I always get so excited I forget all the good picks. Just gotta love it.

Chrisgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.