95 grain vlds in 243 win

Squatch

Hi guys, we are looking to build a new load for long range antelope and targets. Any help or advice on powders and load data would be great. Shooting a T3 in 243win with a 1 in 10 twist barrel.

Thank in advance for all help.

Hi guys, we are looking to build a new load for long range antelope and targets. Any help or advice on powders and load data would be great. Shooting a T3 in 243win with a 1 in 10 twist barrel.

For any bullets over 85 grains in 6mm I prefer a 1:8 twist barrel. I shoot a 80 grain Barnes Tipped Triple Scock, 95 grain Swift Scirocco or 95 grain Accubond.
Nat Lambeth

I have shot the 95gr vld in the same gun that you have and they do not stabalize but the classic hunters might . I switched to the 87gr vld hunting with Varget and that gun shoots 1" at 300 yards @ 3250fps.

I have Ruger tang safety in .243 that absolutely loves the 95 grain VLD. I think it's a 9 but need to check. IMR 4350 works well for me. mtmuley

I tried shooting the 95s out of my Howa with a 1:10 barrel. It did not like them one bit. I dropped to the 87s and they shot awesome.

My 243 is a 10 twist. I shoot 95 Nosler Bal. Tips over a near max load of IMR4831.
It has shot minute of prairie dog out past 400yds.(when I do my part).
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!!

Attachments

• 6TwBerg.jpg
    6TwBerg.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 273
Ran into the same situation only with a 1:9 twist. i went with the 95 classic hunter and it shoots 1/2 MOA over varget, very pleased with these. good G7 bc to boot.

I'm currently in the same boat with the same T3 243 lite. It's a 1:10 twist. I have 90 grain Accubonds that I am going to try and see if it will shoot them.

My rifle is also a Remington 700 with the varmint barrel. It loves the 95 gr classic hunters. I have a few groups at 100 yds in the mid .1's. I admit they were only 3 shot groups, but the bullet shoots small groups out to 300 yds, which is the farthest I have been able to shoot it thus far. It likes IMR4831 and velocities in the 2800 area. I know that's a pretty mild .243 load, but that shot so well I never bothered finding a higher velocity node.

I have a Vanguard 1:10 and have shot my best group with the rifle using the 95 gr VLDs. It really likes the heavy bullets with IMR 4350, about 43 grains plus or minus 0.2 grains which is about 3000 fps range. If you want to try some without buying a box, PM me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.