• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

9.3mm Group Buy... are you interested?

8x68s

I'm interested to see if anyone else needs/wants lighter 9.3mm bullets. I'm becoming recoil sensitive in my elder years and would like to soften the blow a bit when using my 9.3's. I bought some RWS ammo that came with 185gr bullets but the pipeline to RWS has dried up and neither bullets or ammo are available any more. My goal, besides less recoil, is bullets that shoot a little faster & flatter than the standard 9.3's which typically run in 250gr and 286gr weights and in mono's, run extremely long. I'm guessing the lighter weights being shorter, will also be appropriate for the longer twist rates that 9.3's are usually built with.

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest on the forum to make a group buy from Hammer Bullets? I talked with Steve Davis by email and he said "bring it on". So I'm proposing to have Steve and crew make up some 190 and/or 200 grain Absolute Hammers. Minimum quantity required is 500 count and price to be determined but similar to existing 9.3's in their line up. Per suggestion from SableTireur and a look at current prices at Hammer, I'm adding a guesstimated price somewhere between $85-$95 per 50 count bullets...

I have no previous experience with the Hammers but from their bullet descriptions, the Absolute is the one I'm interested in. I expect recommendations and discussion will follow.

If interested, let me know and I'll start taking a tally and we'll see where this goes! Actual commitments can wait until interest and direction have been determined.
Let me know your thoughts!
Greg Smith
Keizer, OR

Last edited:
Tag- I'm on the fence, but am curious what others chime in with. I have a 9.3x62 that I currently just shoot 286's in. I have thought about getting some Hammers for it but I shoot it so little it hasn't been a priority. It seems like a lighter bullet would be welcomed by the 9.3x57 crowd......I'm guessing you'd end up 30-06 type performance, or what's your anticipation? It probably would improve the lob effect and maybe make me pack it more which would be a good thing.....I really like mine.

I've got two 9.3's... 9.3x64Brenneke (in process) and a wildcat on a 375 flanged magnum. Both are hefty magnum thumpers and it would be nice to shoot less punishing and faster/flatter rounds to improve on the rainbow trajectories of the heavys. I have cut down some Barnes 250's and 286's down to 210 and 225 respectively but have not shot them to test. I think you're right that the x57 guys would appreciate a bullet like this. Part of my quest here, too, is wanting to carry my mags more often for Oregon and Washington elk.

I got word that @RavenRocksPrecision has a shipment of Fox Bullets coming in any day. These are a UK maker of copper/alloy bullets. Raven Rocks told me these are comparable to Barnes TTSX and he will be getting several 9.3 weights I believe as low as 200gr maybe 232 or 250gr as well.

I have bought a lot from Raven Rocks Precision and he is a great guy and great company and sponsor here who is bringing alot of hard to get products into the US. Just something to consider.

Thanks for the tag. We have norma Vulkan 232gr in stock at the moment for anyone who wants to try those.

I'll tag in on this one. I've been waffling about getting a 9.3x62 for a while, but slightly deterred by bullet options. This might push me to a decision ;)

Most of what I shoot is either heavy or cast stuff. Rumor has it, Trailboss and 9x18 Makarov Bullets work too.

Put me down for a hundred if that kicks it off. I do like me some 9.3, and am using more and more hammers each season👍
... taking names, makin' a list. That makes for 200 count, goal being 500 minimum... I'm thinking 200 grainers would be the most valuable to most of us?? Preferred other weights? We'll go with a consensus of buyers.

What do you think would work best in a 9.3-.300 Win Mag? Have a Sako 75 I am seriously considering building off of if I can find a reamer.

Interested in something in the 190-200gr range. I could swing 50 if this comes to fruition.
I'll put you on the list. Unless I get a different consensus on grain weight, 200 gr will be the order. I've got interest for 250 count including you.
What do you think would work best in a 9.3-.300 Win Mag? Have a Sako 75 I am seriously considering building off of if I can find a reamer.
I'm no authority on developing loads for wildcats but I see that my 9.3x64 Brenneke has the same capacity(minus 2 grains of water) as your 300 Win mag. 9.3x64 are commercially loaded with 185-286 gr bullets and you could probably do much the same and use beginning load data for the 9.3x64 as a starting point. As to the reamer, you're probably going to have to have one made.

I just happen to think: open up the neck of that .300 winnie and you'll get a longer case neck out of the deal.