8mm Thread

So, is it shaped more like a VLD? Or more like that goofy looking new 7mm 192 bullet? LOL

No offense to CEB, but that 192 is long and rounded and doesn't look very LR friendly. The bearing surface is like 2" long. LOL

Well Mud ,

I know you're joking ... but no , the bearing surface can't be 2" long on a bullet that is 1.715" in overall length, long bullet yes, but sleek & long like a skinny supermodels right leg !

Maybe you should study up a bit on the bullet, it's obvious you have absolutely no clue how that 192 gr 7mm bullet is designed, just from your complaint about the "bearing surface" tells the tale .

have you missed the "Bore Rider" concept ?

That CEB 192 gr 7mm bullet has less "bearing surface" than the 175 gr Nosler ABLR and the Berger 180 gr bullets you are so fond of, and if we ever get to see the 195 gr pill it will have an even longer bearing surface with minimal bc gains ....

I'll be spanking this bullet out at 3300 fps and with a .700 - .720 bc ..... This bullet IS a Long Range Bullet ...... much more so than the all the bullets we currently have available in 7mm .....

AND I won't be worried about the bullet coming apart 30 yards out the muzzle or disintegrating on game with no penetration...

Well Mud ,

I know you're joking ... but no , the bearing surface can't be 2" long on a bullet that is 1.715" in overall length, long bullet yes, but sleek & long like a skinny supermodels right leg !

Maybe you should study up a bit on the bullet, it's obvious you have absolutely no clue how that 192 gr 7mm bullet is designed, just from your complaint about the "bearing surface" tells the tale .

have you missed the "Bore Rider" concept ?

That CEB 192 gr 7mm bullet has less "bearing surface" than the 175 gr Nosler ABLR and the Berger 180 gr bullets you are so fond of, and if we ever get to see the 195 gr pill it will have an even longer bearing surface with minimal bc gains ....

I'll be spanking this bullet out at 3300 fps and with a .700 - .720 bc ..... This bullet IS a Long Range Bullet ...... much more so than the all the bullets we currently have available in 7mm .....

AND I won't be worried about the bullet coming apart 30 yards out the muzzle or disintegrating on game with no penetration...
Get ill much? I was just making a joke at how the bullet was designed. I hate the ABLR and AB bullets. They look long and have a very snubby looking ogive that is very rounded and not very sleek, like a VLD design.

There's no need to get all ****y about it. I know you love your CEB bullets, but ****...Chill out.

But, I guess since I don't know *** I'm talking about, I'll just leave this thread I started for yall....And yall have at it.

Shoot straight. gun)

Hmmm. Friday the the 13th and Mud and Swap are joining Jason. That's a joke son. Best I can do right now..

Dang Mud ,

I acknowledged that you were joking ! but I guess you missed that .

Didn't know you were upset about me posting Cutting Edge bullet info on your thread, was just contributing what I thought was relevant 8mm bullet info,

I will not be cluttering your thread any more, I'm done & outta here

Dang Mud ,

I acknowledged that you were joking ! but I guess you missed that .

Didn't know you were upset about me posting Cutting Edge bullet info on your thread, was just contributing what I thought was relevant 8mm bullet info,

I will not be cluttering your thread any more, I'm done & outta here

You shouldn't even consider leaving this thread for good. You are in fact contributing a lot ( much more than others) and it'll be a big loss for all of us who really are interested in 8mm and its hopefully bright future.

I just have a hard time paying what used to be premium brass prices for lower end brass now. Keep hoping supplies come up and prices go down. Wishful thinking
I have a RCBS forming die and I can use '06 base cases (25-06,270 30'06,etc.) and I had a lot old 30'06 cases . I was able make my 8x57 cases and I have to use copper type bullets . Barnes TTSX And TSX bullets for California hunting. I prefer the lighter then 200 grain bullets for my hunting with my Pre-war 98 mauser ,made by Sauer and sons. It a custom bishop stock and custom trigger with factory barrel. It shoots very good . I prefer IMR 4064 ,RL15 and IMR4895 powder with winchester primers.

You shouldn't even consider leaving this thread for good. You are in fact contributing a lot ( much more than others) and it'll be a big loss for all of us who really are interested in 8mm and its hopefully bright future.

I absolutely agree but I don't blame him. He's one of the good guys with tons of hands on experience that is always willing and able to share and help.

I always enjoyed his posts and look up to him.

This thread can not be allowed to die.

Several years ago I decided I was looking for something that hits harder than a .300 WinMag but shoots flatter than a .338 WinMag.

I thought I'd found what I was looking for when I saw the .325 WSM, but no. I can't see that it does anything the .300 can't do. It needs a heavier bullet with a better BC.

The best 200 gr loads for the .325 WSM seem to be maxed out on case capacity. I want 220+ gr bullets, maybe as high as 250 gr. Longer bullets leave even less room for powder, so that pretty much rules out the WSM.

I thought maybe necking down the .338 WinMag would do it. But it was pointed out to me that a necked down WinMag would gain very, very little over a WSM.

Need an 8mm Rem Mag. But that means most likely having a custom rifle built, and handload-only ammo. (Yeah, there are some used 8mmRM rifles out there and there are a few factory loads that can be ordered.) So I may as well have it built the way I want.

I was just talking to a good friend of mine who has large knowledge about almost any current and former type of rifle and rifleammo , impressive! He suggested a 8mmS/.323 on basis of the 375 Ruger.
A couple weeks ago I had this same thought. A .375 Ruger necked down to .323" should duplicate the performance of the Big 8 but in a standard-length action.
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR.

@mgood, you're absolutely right also from my point of view! This particular thread is in my very subjective eyes one of the very best on this forum. No, it shouldn't go "south", because some normally good guys have had an argument ... :rolleyes: It would be much better and appropriate if all 8mm - enthusiasts would concentrate on one thread, this one and not splitting up in several small almost unrecognizable units.
The description you gave about your favorite 8mm - round describes perfectly both the "Big 8" and its German cousin, the 8x68S. I'm changing your sentence a little bit like: "Shooting as flat as the .300WM and hitting as hard as the .338WM".
It's really a shame that there is only one regular manufacturer left in the US, who produces standard rifles in 8 RM, and that's Cooper Rifles. Sometimes I'm really wondering what's going on with Remington and it's policy ... Invented the fantastic 8 RM, but is not delivering any of its rifles for this chambering any more. @mgood, you might get yourself a Rem or Wby with a long magnum action, and you'll be fine. Get it rechambered and you've got your 8mm - hammer. Brass shouldn't be a problem since many of the 7STW fans neck down the parent case, 8 RM! Are you interested in 8x68S and its superb features you find some description and load - data on this good thread at f.ex. page 21. Almost any of the known European rifle brands is delivering magnum- rifles chambered for 8x68S since the cartridge is popular both in Europe and some countries in Africa, Namibia f. ex. Brass for the 8x68S is supplied by RWS, Norma, Brenneke and some minor manufacturers. I really do hope that someone is taking care and realizing a 8 mm/.375 Ruger.