8mm barrel

86alaskan

Hi all, not really a long range question, but more of a hunting rifle question. I would like to rebarrel my VZ24 Mauser with a new quality 8x57 barrel. I am having some trouble finding a source for said barrel. Don't need anything really special, but would like something that's worth the cost of spin on and chambering at least. If I could find a Lilja or Hart or something I would take it, but I plan on putting a scout rail on it for a nice red dot sight and making a stalking rifle out of it. Any ideas? I currently have a brand new Yugo surplus barrel, but I'm not sure of it's inherent quality.

Hi all, not really a long range question, but more of a hunting rifle question. I would like to rebarrel my VZ24 Mauser with a new quality 8x57 barrel. I am having some trouble finding a source for said barrel. Don't need anything really special, but would like something that's worth the cost of spin on and chambering at least. If I could find a Lilja or Hart or something I would take it, but I plan on putting a scout rail on it for a nice red dot sight and making a stalking rifle out of it. Any ideas? I currently have a brand new Yugo surplus barrel, but I'm not sure of it's inherent quality.

There is no doubt about the source of a top 8 mmS (323') barrel. That one is coming from Lothar Walther (LW). BTW, you find a superb 8mm- thread on this forum. Take a look and you might be inspired. gun)

P.S. Don't use bullets under 180gr weight due to 1 : 9,45 spin

Someday I'll need to find a replacement barrel for my old M38. Old Turk mausers are fun =P Now I just need to buy a new spring for the magazine and fine all of its parts lulz

yeah, ive been watching ebay for lots of small stuff like that for when I lose parts to wear. I'm about to have the barrel put on and everything parked so i can start hunting with that gun. that shwy i'm curious as to whether or not the $70 barrel is good enough or if I need the $350 barrel from bartlein or lilja

I have an old Yugo 8mm that shoots under an inch at 100. It sounds to me this is to a short range rifle because of the red dot site so I would put on the Yugo barrel and work up some loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.