8mm brass

Put die ( 7stw fl die) and shell holder in press, lube case (moderately- a bit on neck area) with decent lube (not one stuck), put case onto shell holder, cycle ram.

Pretty simple...Lube up an 8mm RM case, then run it up into a 7mm STW full-length sizing die. And out pops your newly formed 7mm STW brass ready to load.

Simple as that.

Use "Imperial Sizing Die Wax". I spread on small amount of the wax the outter neck with my fingers, and use a Q-Tip to apply the wax to the case mouth. :) Good luck.

I used Imperial but got some shoulder dents. Yes they fired out. I started using the little can of steel shot with the moly in it instead. Dip the neck in and it's lubed inside and out. One pass through the press and you have a 7mm STW. Chamfer the inside of the case mouth, uniform the primer pocket and flash holes and your good to go.

The part that's funny is I made my first one in 1989 and bought 250 8mm Mag cases.
I made up 150 cases. 24 years later I still have 118 of the first 150.

I looked the other day and I still have the 8mm Mag cases and 200 7mm STW cases that I bought years ago when they first started loading it as factory ammo.

Cousin Wayne ran into some 8mm Mag cases atat a gun show a while back and called to see if we needed any? I', 65, he's 70. I explained we were both still working on our first 150, I didn't think we'd need more before we fellover dead or at least quit hunting.

RWT

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.