Brass

jweigel

Along with the Sendero 7STW I picked up this winter....it came with 20 once fired Rem, another new Rem brass, and 100 new Nosler brass. Should I keep using the Rem and keep the Nosler for sometime down the road...or move straight to the Nosler?

Can I use new brass to do the Berger COAL test Optimizing Precision And Accuracy From VLD Bullets

...which will give more some once fired to use for powder workup or is it best to use once fired to test everything.

Thanks for any advice.

jjw
ND

Use the brass that you plan on shooting. If you want to shoot Nosler, then do all your work up with Nosler. You also could load both and see if there are any appealing differences. Plus you can get some time behind those pretty new machines you got in!!:D

Use the brass that you plan on shooting. If you want to shoot Nosler, then do all your work up with Nosler. You also could load both and see if there are any appealing differences. Plus you can get some time behind those pretty new machines you got in!!:D

+1
I haven't noticed much difference between the two brands in my 300rum, other than the nosler appears to be a tad softer. I haven't bothered to work with nosler brass in my stw as I have enough win and rem brass for the life of the barrel.

I sure wouldn't sell any brass in the cal with the low brass supply out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts