no brass

lif2fsh

Hi guys,

I have a sheep and a elk tag here in NEVADA but no stw brass, any ideas who might have it.

thanks.

Find some 300 h@h or 375 h@h brass and neck/ blow it out. It'll be as good as proper headstamp brass and the critter won't know the difference. As long as you aren't crossing through customs improper headstamp doesn't matter.

If I knew you had a sheep tag, then I should be a jerk and not let you have any brass!!!
OUCH! lol.

Thanks guys for the help, found some from BLACK SHEEP. Would like some info. into LEFTY'S
in making from 300 h@h or 375 h@h brass and neck/ blow it out.

P.S. Pete, and its my 4 elk tag in NEVADA.

If I knew you had a sheep tag, then I should be a jerk and not let you have any brass!!!
OUCH! lol.

Thanks guys for the help, found some from BLACK SHEEP. Would like some info. into LEFTY'S
in making from 300 h@h or 375 h@h brass and neck/ blow it out.

P.S. Pete, and its my 4 elk tag in NEVADA.
I've done over 100 375's to 7mmstw; you just neck 'em down in two stages (either use a 338 or 300 win die with the shoulder at the correct position for the intermediate) and then run them through a fl 7mmstw die. Trim your casings square and shoot either a mild load with a jambed bullet or pistol powder and cream of wheat (no bullet) to blow out the shoulder. I prefer the mild load route as the other will make your riflle filthy if you do any quantity at once.
If you use 300 h@h casings you can just run them through the stw die but you will likely need to use a load that is 15% down give or take. I don't know how well the shoulders fill out with 300 h@h in one pass as I've not yet used them, but it is a heck of a move on the shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts