88g eldm in an AR15

That sounds janky AF and that magazine is definitely not going to run reliably long term. Instead of half assing it just get a 224 Valkyrie or 22ARC barrel that has a shorter case to run those bullets at mag length and do it right.
A lot of NM and other guys have been doing this for a long time. Works just fine. Let's one seat the higher BC bullets longer for more powder capacity and to have the long ogive bullets properly seated.

That sounds janky AF and that magazine is definitely not going to run reliably long term. Instead of half assing it just get a 224 Valkyrie or 22ARC barrel that has a shorter case to run those bullets at mag length and do it right.

I care not sir if this works long term, I'm experimenting.

The advantage is obvious if you can get some more velocity out of it.
A lot of NM and other guys have been doing this for a long time. Works just fine. Let's one seat the higher BC bullets longer for more powder capacity and to have the long ogive bullets properly seated.
Modify the magwell and feedramp and it's possible to seat out even farther. 2.4XX" One guy had the 75gr running 2900 fps. He installed a adjustable gas block and different buffer/ spring if memory serves me right.

Ideally I'd like to get 2800 fps out of my 75gr ELDM's. 2600 fps seems like a good spot for those 88 ELDM's. I can get 2820 fps with the 73gr ELDM's. But even at 2700 fps the 75gr beats them. At 2600 fps those 88gr ELDM's would be impressive.

I actually looked at the magwell last night and saw that there is a little nipple cut out of it, with a little widening I could see it gaining me about 30-40 thousandths. Agreed, 2600 would/should be a sweet spot. Certainly a good goal. I hope to get there.

People have been windowing mags for a long time now. They work just fine.