7mm VLD, Classic Hunter & Accubond Help

edg1966

I'm getting back into reloading after being out of it for about 15 years. I'm starting over with all new equipment...shouldn't have sold my stuff to begin with...and a couple new rifles. I sold my old 7mm Rem Mag a few years ago and threw away my data for that...don't know why. I just recently got a T3 Lite that I'm trying to dedicate as a mountain rifle. However, first, I need to work up a few loads. Since the last time I loaded, there are a few components that are new to me so I'm going to try to utilize what I've been able to acquire. I got some 160 gr Accubonds, 168 Hunting VLDs and some 168 Classic Hunters. Powders on hand are RL 19 & 22, IMR & H 4350, H1000 & Retumbo. None of my older reloading manuals have anything listed using these combinations. Does anyone care to share their experiences with any of these and give me some possible starting points? Back in the day I didn't mind burning a pound of powder and bullets experimenting, but then components were half price of what they are today and a lot easier to get. I'm hoping for a shortcut.

Thanks for any info!

i use re-19 and 168 berger, nosler brass, WLRM primer. .030 off the lands. what scope ?? what are you shooting at?? most on here use h-1000.

I have had great results with four 7 rem magnums and 168 Berger classics with Retumbo. One is mine and other three are friends rifles. All rifles have 26" barrels.

PTG chambered rifle 72.5 gr Retumbo 3115 fps
SPS SS 71 gr Retumbo 3003 fps
Sendaro 73 gr Retumbo 3080 fps
SPS SS 73 gr Retumbo 3121 fps

Neighbor has a 26" 7 rem mag and shoots the 160 Accubond with IMR 4831 vel 2985 fps
Don't know the grains of powder.

I was up last night with a fussy seven-month-old and had time to search a little on my phone and found this thread back a few pages.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/need-help-accurate-hunting-load-7mm-remington-mag-141535/

I'll look through that, but still appreciate specific info related to my components. I'll be using this for big game...deer and elk. Ranges out to 400 yards...I have an STW also if I'll be needing anything with a little more reach. I have a Z3 mounted with a DNZ system on a B & C stock.

Thanks again.

my developed load is 69.1 h1000 with 168 hunting vld
i started at 66 and went to 71.5
69.1 bugholes

OR 60 gr imr 4350 that is a bug holing load but i'm sure this forum will comment on its lightness

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.