7mm stw and swift scirocco loads?

dodgefreak8

just curious if anyone has any good loads for this combo? also does anyone have the swift reloading manual data for this load? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Swift manual for your STW shows 72.0 H4350 at 3113fps as its lowest deviation load. Also shows 78.5 R-22 for 3245fps. 74.0 IMR 4831 for 3174fps. All are the max load suggested. Good luck.

I got away from the Swift S. bullets due to copper fouling. From the deer that I shot, I do believe that they expand more like a regular ballistic tip than the Accubond bullets. I shoot a max load of IMR 7828 (max for my rifle) and Win Mag primers. I'm getting 1 1/2" groups at 400(on calm days) with the 140g Nosler Accubonds, and they do a great job on whitetails.

You asked for a load for the 150g Swift S. bullet, my 7 STW liked 82.0-83.0 of 7828 with New Win brass, Win Mag primer @ 3350 fps. I am experiencing a huge difference between shooting New brass and full lenght sized brass in this caliber. I am have not figured out why, yet since the dia of both the new Neck sized brass and the once fired full length sized brass are the same. There has to be case hardening going on, and I have a min spec chamber.

Lot# of powder vary along with individual rifles, so start off 5g under this load and work up. This Swift bullet really turned my barrel into a copper mine.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.