7mm rum question

dave1

I havent looked into my books yet but. is the 7 rum case the same as the 300 rum? if so what process's need to be changed?
Dave

I havent looked into my books yet but. is the 7 rum case the same as the 300 rum? if so what process's need to be changed?
Dave

Dave .

They are the same except the neck dia. and neck length.

All you have to do is run the 300 case through the 7RUM sizing die and depending on
your chamber you may have to turn the neck if it is to thick.( but probably not ).

To find out ,Measure the case neck OD of one of your fired 7 RUM cases, Then size and push a
7 mm bullet in one of the 300 RUM cases and measure the OD of the neck with the bullet in it.

There are other ways but this way all you need is a micrometer.

If it is less than the fired 7mm case neck then your home free.

J E CUSTOM

I WILL consider myelf a novice reloader. i reload everything i own except 17hmr, and shotguns.
I have read about neck turning but i hear its for the expeirenced . i cant remember much about how its done. i will have to read ?
my only advantage is trying to get some brass from some1 who dont reload the 300 or 7 rum. witch is prolly hard. Any tips?

Dave,

Turning necks isn't that difficult. I've done it with my BCBS power trimmer. works like a champ. You might practice on a couple of old cases first.

You can also order (backorder) 7RUM brass from Midway or maybe some other online dealer, do a google on 7mm RUM Brass. Rem makes the brass.

Or you cam buy factory ammo and keep the brass.

YAH i wish nosler would.. i have to read more on the subject i dont really wanna mess it up.. i dont need that rcbs case station thing?

sinclair stuff is so nice, i dont own anything sinclair, but everything looks like great quality. so the neck turner . turns neck to whatever spec u have its set at, rolls the brass like? Im def. goin to read some more when i get some quiet time

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.