7mm RUM decision

Deerhntr71

I ended up with a 7mm RUM in a Remington 700 stainless sps. I also came across a Remington 700 cdl in 300 RUM. I have a7mm rem and 300 win and am thinking of trading the 7mm RUM or both that and the 300 RUM. I hunt mainly deer, Princeton and maybe an elk and moose once in awhile. The 7mm RUM I am thinking is one that is dying off and maybe should get rid of it. Any thoughts? Or would you guys keep all of them?
Thanks.

I ended up with a 7mm RUM in a Remington 700 stainless sps. I also came across a Remington 700 cdl in 300 RUM. I have a7mm rem and 300 win and am thinking of trading the 7mm RUM or both that and the 300 RUM. I hunt mainly deer, Princeton and maybe an elk and moose once in awhile. The 7mm RUM I am thinking is one that is dying off and maybe should get rid of it. Any thoughts? Or would you guys keep all of them?
Thanks.
Keep 'em if they shoot. The 7rum may be hard to get brass for eventually, but the 300rum is the same case so you will likely always be able to make brass. I've made the mistake of trading a shooter for a so-so rifle a couple of times too many; I'm keeping my shooters unless a real prize shows its head.

+1 to what Lefty said. I would like to add that 7RUM brass is everywhere right now. Since it's the same case as the 300 RUM, the availability of brass should have you smiling. For years now I've heard that the 7 RUM is dying off, however that's just not the case (pardon the pun) :D. As long as brass is available, it will always be in my arsenal. Now, if we could just get heavier pill for it!!

300 and 7 RUM's respectively should and will do the trick on the animals you have listed. Have fun!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.