7mm rum\berger bullets

Peters

Just wandering what powder, seating depth, and velocity u guys were getting with 7mm rum with 168/180 bergers, and how accurate. Ive shoot the accubonds and they work great, just looking for higher bc for longer range large game. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

I guess most of you are like me and found accubonds or nbt are the way to go. I was just trying to get a higher bc bullet. Anybody getting higher velocity than 3350 with 160 accubond and .5 group at 100yds. with26 in bbl.

if you don't mind, what is your load with 160 accubonds that run 3350 and .5 in groups? I have run retumbo and RL25 and seem to be stuck around 3250 with any kind of accuracy.

only used 99gr of 872 powder with the 180's. would go 3250 comfortably. over 3300 if you wanted. that was with a 30" barrel. Retumbo would push bullets a little faster.

Dave thank you for the info Ive trird retumbo but it wasnt quite the accuracy i was looking for. Mrultrman Im loading 94.5gr of retumbo at 3.65 with the group and velocity I listed above.

Thanks, I've been as high as 95 gr retumbo at oal of 3.670 w/ 160 accubond. from 93 to 95 gr I saw very little velocity change--weird. It was a bright sunny day. Maybe the chrono wasn't being true to me. I always set up 15 ft out from muzzle w/diffusers. anyway I got up to 3200 or so at 93 gr but never really broke 3250 even at 95 gr. In fact the velocity went down a tad from 94.5 to 95. ???????? hmmmm. I had best accuracy at 93.5 at 3230.
May have to try these loads again on overcast day.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.