Hybrid Berger 7mm Bullets

SidTheKidd

Does anyone know when Berger was supposed to be releasing their 7mm Hybrids like the new .338 300grn bullets. I thought that I heard on one of their video updates that they were working on some. Or maybe I am nuts?!

Maybe some of the guys from Berger would chime in....

I have some. A friend of mine is a Berger dealer and he let me have a box. 7mm 180gr. with a bc of .674. As advertised, less sensitive to seating depth and just as accurate. Have performed just like the VLD's on hogs this summer.

Sid, how do you like the 7-300wm? I have been thinking about rebarelling my STW to the 7-300wm. Originally that is what I wanted but I let the smith talk me out of it. What welocity are you shooting the the 180 bergers?

The gun just got done. Havent had a chance to shoot it. There was another post on the 7mm-300 and he had a 28.5 inch barrel and with the 180's he was getting 3175fps. So i am hoping around the same velocity. Think the fella was using around 77grn charge of H-1000 to achieve that velocity. It was verified via chrony and NF ballistics software.
I also am waiting on a scope base for my lawton action. I will make sure and post more when I get some bullets down the tube. I know that there was a bit of interest in the caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.