7mm accuracy problems

My savage seems to like 62 grains h4831sc .060 off lands 168 vlds. Still working on it though. shot 2" group at 500 yards yesterday and 2 groups at an hundred thru the same hole. Had an 15mph 1/4 ing wind. Will shoot this some more to make sure its not a fluke

Very cool, thumper. I'd say you found a winner. If I was able to get those kind of results, I'd leave it alone. I was lookin at quarter minute magnums website and it seemed like they tend to favor somewhere around 64 grains of 4831sc and 210m primers for pretty much all of their 7 mags. Are you shooting the regular hunting vld or the classic hunter vld?

Regular and fedreral match 215 primers. I loaded up to 64 gr. But the gun didn't seem to like it.it shot about 3/4 inch groups there. There probly is a sweet spot around 64. Don't know if playing with coal might tighten it up. Still learning alot about all this. Used to be happy at an 1 1/2" and it went bang.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.