7mm 200gn Wildcat

257speed

There had been some discussion before about these bullets. I finally tried them in my 7mm Ultra Mag. Fed 215M, 83.0gns Retumbo, avg 3080fps. Accuracy avg'd 1.2" @ 200yds. Should be able to tighten them up a little by tuning. This is a 1/9 twist Kreiger barrel. It seems to be stabilizing well.

Keep us posted as you test them farther down range. My dad just purchased a barely used 7 RUM Sendero. I know he'd love to shoot these if he could stabalize them.

257speed:

Sounds like they're working pretty good so far. You should be able to cut those groups down with a little work. I'd bet you will get pretty good results out to 300 yards or so but when you get to that point, don't stop testing. Shoot it on out to 700-800 yards and let us know how she does. You need to make sure it's consistent and can handle them at longer ranges and under all conditions. The 1-9 just might work out o.k. for you. Keep us posted as to your results.

I tried them in a 1-10 and got decent results out to 300 but from there on out the results were too inconsistent and I quit using them in the 1-10, and I only use them in my 7mm AM 1-7 now. It spits them out just right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ss7mm, I only had a dozen, that kirby sent me, so I am trying to reach him to get more. I have also had great luck with the 180 bergers so far. Will be testing the bergers at 500 tommorrow. Will keep posted as to how they do.

257 how many you want? I got some here to test with but with deer season still open all my free daytime is spent in the woods. No time to jump into load developement until after the season ends.
Drop me an email if you need some more to test with.

i have a box of 85 i might part with. these are the sierra jackets.i could only shoot mine 2900 with a 30" lilja. could shoot them over 3000, but accuracy suffered.i was using 872, but i'm sure retumbo would do better.were you shooting the j-4 or the sierra jackets?

Richard just sent me a box of the 200gr Wildcats and I am not really sure what jacket I got. I wanted to try them and see if I could stabilize them in my Krieger 1/9 twist chambered in 7STW. If I can awesome, if I cannot, I will try them in my silhouette gun with a 1/8 twist.

[ QUOTE ]
Richard just sent me a box of the 200gr Wildcats and I am not really sure what jacket I got. I wanted to try them and see if I could stabilize them in my Krieger 1/9 twist chambered in 7STW. If I can awesome, if I cannot, I will try them in my silhouette gun with a 1/8 twist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Hart barreled Model 70 7 STW with a 9 twist and would be very interested in how the 200's perform for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.