7mm, 200gn Loads

"Wet Coal" cause thats how slow it burns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Just kidding, thats a good deal though!!

All the same lot I assume??..

Kirby Allen(50)

wet coal, i like that.i only bought 8 lbs cause that will last me quite a while and with the new "69" stuff coming out this spring, i might want to jump on that wagon.872 seems hard to beat for the shooter that puts quite a few rounds out,especially in the summer time.although i heard it can give you a flyer once in a while during the summer heat.

I've been shooting the 200's some out of my APS XP-100 7-270 WSM, but i was having problems with accuracy out of the rig. Kirby mentioned that the stock (older HS Precision center grip) may not be able to handle the torgue generated from the 7 twist/200 gr. combination. Guess he was right-- looks like i've got a crack in the forend that bisects the swivel stud. I'm beginning to wonder if the stock was the culprit the entire time. Anyways, i'm getting 2595 with <10fps ES out of the rig from 62 gr. old IMR 7828 (not new SC)/Fed. Match 215M's.
63 gr. gave slightly heavy bolt lift.

Jerry Teo,

If it works I would say that it would be marginal. If it is actually a true 1-9 twist you may get good results at top velocity potential of that round but it would be a borderline issue.

I had a 1-9 twist shilen on my 7mm AM and at 3150 fps groups were decent at closer ranges but fell apart at ranges past 200 yards. I am sure stability was lacking. The bullets would land on point but groups went south quickly past 200 yards.

Currently I am bedding my new 7mm AM with a 30" 1-7 Lilja specifically for these 200 gr ULDs.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, Thanks for the info. Didn't think it would have liked the 9 twist but thought I would check.

Jerry

Hey Jerry, with my velocities @ 2600 (7 twist) i bet the 8 or 9 twists might just work out of rifles, although i'm not sure what the relationship between rotational velocity vs. twist is. I wouldn't bet on it being linear, tho it may be. I imagine it's on Lilja's website. Anybody know for sure??

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.