7mm 162eldX 1mile bullet recovery

Longshotjames

Dug this out of soft dirt after shooting it 1 mile
7mm 162eldX estimated impact velocity of 1150fps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 213
Thanks! That's a grain over Hodgdon max for the 162 Hornady SPBT. Primers okay?

My T3 has a 24" barrel, did you swap tubes?

P
I stand corrected, it's a 24" tube

Yes primers are fine. I worked up in .5gr increments and still see no pressure signs. If you look at old manuals from the 60's they show max loads around 76grains! It's a good idea to keep pressure low and hodgdons seems to be conservative to keep everyone safe(liability issue). Load at your own risk!
James

I just recovered a 162eldX from a big boar I shot a 300yds, I'll try to dig up that pic
James

Cool, I like pics of recovered bullets.

This year between my friends and family, we have killed 2 deer with the 7mm 162 eldx, one at 340 the other at 280, and a deer and an elk with the 200 30 cal eldx, deer at 520 elk at 610. All performed great, killed the animals quickly and all passed through with 50 cent to pop can sized exits accept the elk that was quartering away, and the bullet was recovered under the off shoulder, perfect hit. It made a beautiful mushroom. I personally like these bullets, and can't wait to test out my 147 eldm out of my .260 Ackley. I have used the a-max, and I have a feeling this eld-m will perform similarly.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts