Ideal 7mm prc bullet

Hello everyone! I'm brand spanking new here so be gentle on me lol. Just curious what everyone is running for 7mm prc bullet brands and weights with good results. Everything is pretty spendy these days and I'm trying to avoid wasting a ton of powder and primers. Thank you for reading!

I'm pushing 175eldx with 70.3 staball HD in ADG brass and getting between .8 and .9 moa consistently. Berger is looking like the way to go next I think

Hello everyone! I'm brand spanking new here so be gentle on me lol. Just curious what everyone is running for 7mm prc bullet brands and weights with good results. Everything is pretty spendy these days and I'm trying to avoid wasting a ton of powder and primers. Thank you for reading!
What is your personal maximum shooting distance?

I regularly shoot 800 yards, but my max for hunting is about 500 yards.
I set up my prc last year with the 170gr Hammer HHT with rl26 at a bit over 3100 fps, 26" barrel. I did this for the marketing. Most guys think they need to run slow heavy for caliber because that is what had been marketed for years. We have been lighter and faster for years and have been getting a reputation that you have to run Hammers fast. That's not true. They work great at traditional velocity but they don't have any short comings with high velocity. 1700 fps minimum impact velocity for full deformation and shedding of the nose with no ceiling for high velocity impacts. Same weight retention throughout the range of impact velocity. I am very comfortable saying we have the best terminal performance of any bullet on the market.

In my prc I also loaded the 145gr Hammer HHT at 3400 fps. The slower 170gr HHT doesn't have an advantage until about 700y down range. Out to 500y the 145gr HHT will have higher impact velocity and greater max point blank range capability. I think in the prc the 145gr HHT will give the best performance thoughout the range of hunting capability and depending on elevation, fully capable to about 800y.

Good news is with the 1-8" twist any of the Hammer Bullets would be fully stable and preform properly on game. There is no wrong choice just personal preference on what weight to run.

I may have to try that, the rl26 will be the hardest part of that adventure. I've honestly never tried hammers, but have never read anything negative. I'll order some !

I may have to try that, the rl26 will be the hardest part of that adventure. I've honestly never tried hammers, but have never read anything negative. I'll order some !
Rl26 is tough. Quite a few other powders but may not get quite as much velocity. Something like h4831sc will work.