7mm 140gr VLD Hunting Back Ordered Everywhere

JohnWess

Hey guys,

I am trying to help my buddy work up a load for his kids' 7mm-08. We wanted to start trying with the Berger 140gr VLD Hunting, but we can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have any knowledge as to why this might be?

Thanks,
John

I should note that I read the other post about this about a month ago and I see that we can get them at Euro Optic and Scope List. I am just worried we won't be able to find them in the future due to them being so hard to find now.

I had them on backorder for a long time from Cabelas and then I saw them on the shelf at our Thornton CO location. It was clear that their online and in store inventory is not the same.

I had them on backorder for a long time from Cabelas and then I saw them on the shelf at our Thornton CO location. It was clear that their online and in store inventory is not the same.
Ok, that does make me feel better. I would just hate to help him with this and then next year when he goes to buy more he can't find any.

Those Hammer Bullets look pretty sweet. However, I though $0.50 per bullet was spendy let alone $1.00! I would cringe every time I knew I jerked!

You have many excellent options and need to try some combos to see what works for you. Remember the Barnes, TSX, TTSX and Hornady GMX for an all solid that doesn't break the bank. At some point, the high dollar guys have to have a real product differentiator or game changer to rationalize the cost. It's like buying Under Armour when something half the cost will do. The Boogers are so easy to dial in but I understand folks preference to avoid a lead cored bullet that blows up.

The Boogers are so easy to dial in but I understand folks preference to avoid a lead cored bullet that blows up.
Most cases I have heard people having problems with them exploding is hitting bone (i.e. front shoulder) at close ranges and high velocities. There are some exceptions, but I tend to shoot old school behind the shoulder.

Most cases I have heard people having problems with them exploding is hitting bone (i.e. front shoulder) at close ranges and high velocities. There are some exceptions, but I tend to shoot old school behind the shoulder.

I do to too, ideally, but like last year's cow elk, she was headed to the brush and I went a bit high on the shoulder. She died quickly, though.

I do have a box of 100 with -10 or so. Just let me know...I can check what a flat rate box is at po or if you know make me an offer. I'll count them too if you want but I am happy to just get a fair offer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.