7mm-08

Thanks Jim!! That is darn nice shooting!
I'll be loading for a Browning Micro Hunter for my girlfriend. I have a bunch of Nosler 140gr Partitions and RL17. She won't be shooting over 250 yards. Deer and elk will be the goal. I'll be doing a ladder test at 300 yards with this combo...
Thanks again!
Steve

Thanks Jim!! That is darn nice shooting!
I'll be loading for a Browning Micro Hunter for my girlfriend. I have a bunch of Nosler 140gr Partitions and RL17. She won't be shooting over 250 yards. Deer and elk will be the goal. I'll be doing a ladder test at 300 yards with this combo...
Thanks again!
Steve

Steve , I know the bearing length is probably different between the partition and a Berger VLD so I double checked the max load for a 140 partition with RL17 , it's 46.7 max 2840FPS with a 20" bbl . 42.7 grain min 2594FPS with a 20"bbl . I think the micro has a 20" . not much difference between these two bullets , but I didn't want to give you bad info .
funny you mention a browning . I bought Denise a X-bolt with the 22"bbl . not many choices in left handed rifles . I hope she gets blood on it this year .

Steve , I know the bearing length is probably different between the partition and a Berger VLD so I double checked the max load for a 140 partition with RL17 , it's 46.7 max 2840FPS with a 20" bbl . 42.7 grain min 2594FPS with a 20"bbl . I think the micro has a 20" . not much difference between these two bullets , but I didn't want to give you bad info .
funny you mention a browning . I bought Denise a X-bolt with the 22"bbl . not many choices in left handed rifles . I hope she gets blood on it this year .

Wow Jim, I can't thank you enough for going above and beyond to provide this info!!!
Good luck to you and Denise this year!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.