7mm-08 ??

Sully2

If this isnt the proper place for such a thread...feel free to place it where it should so and just let me know admin.

7MM-08 loaded with (approx) 150 grain Hornady and running about 2950 FPS.
Good enough for elk?? at about 400 yards MAX or wayyy too small. IM hoping the mountain climbing elk hunters on board will clue me in?
Thanks

Nothing wrong with the 7-08 for elk. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot an elk at 400 yards with my wifes 7-08. plenty of gun.

Nothing wrong with the 7-08 for elk. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot an elk at 400 yards with my wifes 7-08. plenty of gun.

Much appreciated chad. Elk hunting ...especially at high altitudes is something I havent and now cant experience. So now I have to work on the advice of others and some of it I cant swallow easily. Again....many thanks

Just got a Tikka t3 in 7mm-08. Going to try it on Maine Moose this year with the 154 grain Hornady Interbond. Shots will be close but hope to do some deer or coyote hunting at longer ranges if I get a Moose early. I am a bonded bullet fan.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.