7mm-08 1-9 twist 20" brl

petasucks

My cuz bought his self a cva scout rifle I am very familiar with break open single shots,my question is what would be a good bullet powder combo to start with in this,my man's funds are limited xmas an such an I plan to fix him up with anything I got that will work,my thought was a 140 gr pro hunter over varget ,as always thank you all In advance for the great advice I get here.

My cuz bought his self a cva scout rifle I am very familiar with break open single shots,my question is what would be a good bullet powder combo to start with in this,my man's funds are limited xmas an such an I plan to fix him up with anything I got that will work,my thought was a 140 gr pro hunter over varget ,as always thank you all In advance for the great advice I get here.

Since he has an actual 20" 1:9 twist barrel, I would take advantage of that, and shoot Berger 168 VLDs over Varget or CFE223 powder, in Lapua or Nosler brass, and lit by Federal 210M or CCI BR2 or CCI 200 primers.

I'm not sure of my velocity. If I were to guess probably around 2500 Fps. 38.8 varget 162 gr. A-max. That gave me a lot of damage and complete pass thoughts on two deer this year. Magnum type of damage.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.