708 urgent help

• Thread starter High_altitude_hunting
  • Start date
Thanks jimbires that's a big help now my H4350 load is over max according to quickload but is 1 grain below hogden book max I know quickload is a simulation but now I'm confused which data do I go with no pressure sign in rifle with that load

As regards to other data I'm not seeing anywhere near those velocities I'm 200 fps lower apart from h4350 which seems right on for velocity for the powder weight according to hogden data.
I'm assuming this is a safe load in my rifle as I understand pressure and velocity go hand in hand and I'm not seeing outrageous velocitys

Again many thanks mate
Kris

Jimbires,

Woud the data you posted be applicable to a 22 inch, 9 1/4 twist?

I don't think the twist will change much . you are one inch shorter bbl so you are going to run a little slower velocity . I just ran a 22 in bbl with the 45.5 RL17 , everything else the same as before . the 23" bbl = 2913 fps . the 22 " bbl 2886 fps . Jim

edit . the max load , pressure will be the same . Jim

Last edited:
Been playing with powder charges and seating depths I got a really good load now with H4350 46.5 grains same primer but seated 0.04 from lands got 2800 fps dead and I'm a grain and half below hogden max. group size was 0.216 center to center at 100 yards but that was best group. averaged 0.4 over 10 3 shot groups

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.