7 SAUM build

JD Jones

I'm starting to spec out a 7 SAUM build and want some thoughts/opinions/considerations on what path to take.
Looking at an origin/prefit build or a defiance build. I know I want enough freebore to run 180 Berger. I like the notion of not requiring a gunsmith but I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it. I love the simple aesthetic of both actions and will go with a proof most likely but the bullet requirement is not negotiable for my build

I would only build a 7 SAUM on a XM or long action. I doubt you will get to choose the freebore with a prefit barrel. I would suggest having a gunsmith chamber the barrel with the appropriate freebore for a 180 Hybrid in a XM action.

Good luck!
Steve

They just came out for a medium action for the TL3 and origin.

That said I've got a short action with a SAAMI chamber and have no regrets. If you're going to go LA might as well go 300 PRC or 28 Nosler.

@BuckeyeRifleman I'm not the OP, however, I'm having a 7 SS built so I get the best of both worlds.
The 7 SS is an awesome cartridge, didn't go that route because I didn't want to go the full wildcat route. That said the SAUM might as well be a wildcat. That's not to say I don't love the 7 SAUM! The SS definitely has an advantage in a true short action.

The 7 SS is an awesome cartridge, didn't go that route because I didn't want to go the full wildcat route. That said the SAUM might as well be a wildcat. That's not to say I don't love the 7 SAUM! The SS definitely has an advantage in a true short action.
Add to that, Rich is a great guy, will provide knowledge, brass and dies are available and he ships super fast. I have die and 200 pc of formed 7 SS brass ready. Just waiting for Kelbly action and AG stock. Should be ready to go next month!

Steve