7 RUM and Berger 195s RL 33

Lrt307

Hello all,

I have a 7Rum and a couple boxes of 195 bergers and some RL 33 powder. Does anyone have any load data on this setup? I was thinking I read somewhere a guy was running 92-94 grains?gun)

I haven't had much luck with any of the manufacturer recommendations. Most the time they are all real slow so so loads. I have been using reloaders nest and my smith with excellent results. I cant seem to find any info on the 7rum with berger 195 and rl 33 though. We are thinking the slow burn and heavy bullet combo would work great in the 7 rum but I guess we will have to find out.

Have you tried Alliant Powder's load data yet?

Wasn't planning on it. Their data in the past was around 5 grains low on max load for my STW. I am open to look @ anything but was really hoping someone may have a good load with this combo.

I've found that the start load for the 7rum with a given bullet weight is usually about the top load for a 7stw... I have rifles in both cartridges so it's helped me a bit at times.

My current 7mm stw load with the 195 berger is 80.0 rl33 in rp brass at 3.9" oal.... I'm doing 2960 fps with the load; it's a good working load that is not over pressure in my 8" twist barrel. I'd start there and work carefully to pressure.

I've found that the start load for the 7rum with a given bullet weight is usually about the top load for a 7stw... I have rifles in both cartridges so it's helped me a bit at times.

My current 7mm stw load with the 195 berger is 80.0 rl33 in rp brass at 3.9" oal.... I'm doing 2960 fps with the load; it's a good working load that is not over pressure in my 8" twist barrel. I'd start there and work carefully to pressure.

I read somewhere a guy was running 92.5 to 94 grains. I run 92 of h1000 in my 300 rum so I would think starting around 88-89 grains should be ok?

I read somewhere a guy was running 92.5 to 94 grains. I run 92 of h1000 in my 300 rum so I would think starting around 88-89 grains should be ok?

You can do what you want but I told you where I'd start...
The 7rum isn't a cartridge to fool with; There is a reason Sierra will not list data in their data book... They set the lugs back on three rifles developing data and gave up... Take your time and run her up a grain a shot until you get to decent speed without excessive pressure, then look at seating depth if you need to after shooting a few groups at that charge to prove it safe.

You can do what you want but I told you where I'd start...
The 7rum isn't a cartridge to fool with; There is a reason Sierra will not list data in their data book... They set the lugs back on three rifles developing data and gave up... Take your time and run her up a grain a shot until you get to decent speed without excessive pressure, then look at seating depth if you need to after shooting a few groups at that charge to prove it safe.

I understand completely. I have had multiple stw and rums. Just never have tried anything with rl 33 or 195 out of a 7rum. I have had great success with the rums and really like them when loaded to their potential with sloooow burning powder and heavy bullets.

I live in AZ and have done some prelim work with RL33 in 338 Lapua Imp. So far, RL33 does not appear to be nearly as temp sensitive as the other RL powders I have worked with. I have come to like RL33 a lot down here in AZ.

Hello all,

I have a 7Rum and a couple boxes of 195 bergers and some RL 33 powder. Does anyone have any load data on this setup? I was thinking I read somewhere a guy was running 92-94 grains?gun)
Lrt307,
Contact us at [email protected] and address your load question to Bob. He will get back with you usually the next day at the latest.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.