7 Rem Mag ammo?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 25 Otter, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Hey all. I picked up a Tikka 7 Rem Mag a couple days ago. Upon inspecting my brass, it could be better. Next monday is the deer opener. What would you all reccommend in a factory load for the 7 Mag for eastern whitetails? I've been rolling my own ammo for 35 years so I'm kinda out of the loop. Anyone here have a Tikka 7 Remmy Mag that likes factory fodder? I figure if I pick up a box or two of factory stuff I'll get the Tikka hunting and the brass to boot.

2. Wyo. Coyote Hunter

Wyo. Coyote Hunter Member

I seldom shoot factory ammo unless it is something unusual..like old stuff..,but a few years ago I shot in a cheap .270 for a friend of mine...he bought Fed.blue box ammo, and it shot super...I think if I wanted new brass, that would be the road I would take..I was checking the stocks to see if it was made in .300 WSM...no luck, but I am pretty sure it is made in 7mm RM

3. EastHunter

EastHunter Well-Known Member

Friend of mine have a tikka t3 varminer in 7mm. She like 150gr balistic tip, would try the 160gr accubond(both from federal). 2 great round for whitetail.

Never try my self but the hornady 162 gr sst superformance should done well.

Give us your result.

4. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Those sound like some good options guys. Seems maybe Federal is on top of the game. I do like their brass for handloading too. I'm looking forward to wringing out the new Tikka :cool::):D

5. 7stwnut

7stwnut Well-Known Member

Mine likes the 140Gr Winchester Accubond. Let me know if you find the magic factory load.

6. RT2506

RT2506 Well-Known Member

I have a friend that owns a sporting goods store in east NC bean field country where the deer hunting is really big time. He sales 10 to 1 more Hornady 154 gr Interlock or SST 7mm Rem Mag ammo than any other brand. About everybody that I know that uses a 7 Rem mag swears by this ammo as the most deer killing-est and most accurate factory round for it. I used to hand load the 154 interlock as my bullet of choice for the 7 mag.

7. mustfish

mustfish Well-Known Member

I am shooting Hornady 154 SST. My 7mm loves them. I shot a 3 shot group at 400 yards that could be covered up with 2 quarters. I have thought about shooting some Barnes bullets but have not found any factory loads where I shop yet.

8. smittys300rum

smittys300rum Member

My 7mm likes Federal 160 grain Nosler Accubonds but I also just got a box of Barnes Vortex ammo in 160 grain and I'm happy with the way they shoot