7 Rem Mag ammo?

25 Otter

Hey all. I picked up a Tikka 7 Rem Mag a couple days ago. Upon inspecting my brass, it could be better. Next monday is the deer opener. What would you all reccommend in a factory load for the 7 Mag for eastern whitetails? I've been rolling my own ammo for 35 years so I'm kinda out of the loop. Anyone here have a Tikka 7 Remmy Mag that likes factory fodder? I figure if I pick up a box or two of factory stuff I'll get the Tikka hunting and the brass to boot.

I seldom shoot factory ammo unless it is something unusual..like old stuff..,but a few years ago I shot in a cheap .270 for a friend of mine...he bought Fed.blue box ammo, and it shot super...I think if I wanted new brass, that would be the road I would take..I was checking the stocks to see if it was made in .300 WSM...no luck, but I am pretty sure it is made in 7mm RM

Friend of mine have a tikka t3 varminer in 7mm. She like 150gr balistic tip, would try the 160gr accubond(both from federal). 2 great round for whitetail.

Never try my self but the hornady 162 gr sst superformance should done well.

Give us your result.

Those sound like some good options guys. Seems maybe Federal is on top of the game. I do like their brass for handloading too. I'm looking forward to wringing out the new Tikka :cool::):D

I have a friend that owns a sporting goods store in east NC bean field country where the deer hunting is really big time. He sales 10 to 1 more Hornady 154 gr Interlock or SST 7mm Rem Mag ammo than any other brand. About everybody that I know that uses a 7 Rem mag swears by this ammo as the most deer killing-est and most accurate factory round for it. I used to hand load the 154 interlock as my bullet of choice for the 7 mag.

I am shooting Hornady 154 SST. My 7mm loves them. I shot a 3 shot group at 400 yards that could be covered up with 2 quarters. I have thought about shooting some Barnes bullets but have not found any factory loads where I shop yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts