7 PRC Build...your thoughts

I bought a tikka t3x in 300WM just to convert it to a 7PRC. I went with a Proof 26" sendero in 1:8, dropped it into a Mesa Precision stock using Mountain Tactical bottom metal, and a 20MOA MT optics rail. Swapped out the factory trigger spring using anarchy outdoors option. Topeed it off with a PST Gen II 5x25x50 and a Warne Skyline Bipod mounted with a SRS hunter rail. Currently running tikka factory mags with factory hornaday ammo. During break in the rifle was shoting .5-.75 groups with ELDM. I picked up a few boxes of 175 ABLR's to load once I have enough brass. So far I am really liking this setup.

Attachments

• Tikka &PRC.jpeg
    Tikka &PRC.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 57
I bought a tikka t3x in 300WM just to convert it to a 7PRC. I went with a Proof 26" sendero in 1:8, dropped it into a Mesa Precision stock using Mountain Tactical bottom metal, and a 20MOA MT optics rail. Swapped out the factory trigger spring using anarchy outdoors option. Topeed it off with a PST Gen II 5x25x50 and a Warne Skyline Bipod mounted with a SRS hunter rail. Currently running tikka factory mags with factory hornaday ammo. During break in the rifle was shoting .5-.75 groups with ELDM. I picked up a few boxes of 175 ABLR's to load once I have enough brass. So far I am really liking this setup.
What kinda speeds are you getting?

I have not had issues with a Sendero Light or Bartlein #13 CF barrel and a suppressor.
My daughter's 22" Sendero Light 6.5SLR shoots tiny tiny groups way out, and has killed a bunch of game out to 771 yards.
My old 26" Sendero Light 6.5SS was the same.
My new 26" Bartlein #13 6.5SS, again, same story.
My old 26" Sendero Light .280AI...same.

I think if you build your load to your rifle how you will be shooting, you should be good to go.
Agree. I've got a 26" Benchmark Sendero light in 300 WSM with a can on the end and it's amazingly accurate

Recent Posts