7 LRM or .284/.375 Ruger question

I'm curious to hear/see what the 7 LRM (or .284/.375 Ruger) will do with the new 195 Berger Hybrid with a 25" barrel. Any ideas?

My barreled action is being done by gunwerks as we speak. I have 200 of their brand new headstamped 7lrm brass and dies coming this week and whenever berger finally releases the 195's thats the primary purpose for.this rifle. Also i want to try the new rl-33 with this combo. But with retumbo im thinking 2950-3000 fps. I have a 27" 1-8" twist benchmark so this should do the trick. At 1000yds it still has 1600 ft lbs of energy if i recall correctly. Should be a sweet combo. The berger 195's are going.to be the biggest holdup.

I'd go 7mmx300wby, easy to load using 300wby cases, runs at the same pressure and holds about 7grns more h2o, plus has a much longer neck which shouldn't be as hard on the throat. This combo needs a 26" or longer barrel as well though, I think it would be kinda hard to burn almost 90grns of Retumbo in a 25", mine is awesome with a 27".

for a 25" tube I would think that your SAUM would be right on the money. Looking for more "jam" now?
I just ask because it was your posts that got me onto the SAUM train.

If I was going to build a big 7mm, I would go with the .284 JAZZ/THOR. Seems to me like next to the AM, the JAZZ is king of the 7mm ring.

for a 25" tube I would think that your SAUM would be right on the money. Looking for more "jam" now?
I just ask because it was your posts that got me onto the SAUM train.

If I was going to build a big 7mm, I would go with the .284 JAZZ/THOR. Seems to me like next to the AM, the JAZZ is king of the 7mm ring.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my SAUM. I'm just looking at my next rifle. I want to stay with a 7mm and running the numbers for the 7LRM and 7/338 Norma IMP. The 7 SAUM will be modified to fit my wife and the big 7mm will be mine :D

If I were going to shoot the 195's or heavier I would probably look at the case capacity of the 284 JAZZ with a 27-28" barrel.
If you are shooting the 180's no need to go with a case this big.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.