7-30 waters questions

Akredneck

Recently picked up a 7-30 waters in 16" contender barrel. I see a bit of load data for loads up to 140gr, can I go heavier or is it because of rifling? Any good loads anyone wants to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for great forum

Following. I have a 14" contender that shoots the 120gr flat points sub MOA. I cant figure out a combination to beat the factory accuracy.

120 gr nosler BT. Cci 200 rl15 I run 35grs
Not max I use it in a 14" and 20" carbine.

Recently picked up a 7-30 waters in 16" contender barrel. I see a bit of load data for loads up to 140gr, can I go heavier or is it because of rifling? Any good loads anyone wants to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for great forum
It's because of the velocity. Above 140gr, velocities are too slow to expand the bullets.

Great purchase. Is it a rifle or pistol? BTW, I just bought a 14" pistol barrel. I'm excited to shoot it. My plan is to find some Nosler 120 BT's and AR Comp powder.

I'm also on the lookout for 139gr Interbonds as a second choice…

Last edited:
It's because of the velocity. Above 140gr, velocities are too slow to expand the bullets.

Great purchase. Is it a rifle or pistol? BTW, I just bought a 14" pistol barrel. I'm excited to shoot it. My plan is to find some Nosler 120 BT's and AR Comp powder.

I'm also on the lookout for 139gr Interbonds as a second choice…
It is set up as pistol right now thinking of putting a shoulder stock on it. Uncomfortable to shoot as pistol too long. Thanks for the info