7,21 firebird

mikael

im thinking to builth a firebird on rem action is there safe to open upp the bolt face fore firebird.the bolt face on rem is 18,5mm,im going to builth with a lilja barrel 28" 4 groove can i geth that velocity the lazzeroni geth or close

I don't know anybody that has ever been able to get close to the listed velocitys that Lazzeroni gets. Their ammo is very expensive ,their reloading componets are also very expensive and from what I've seen their brass is crap.

I'd personaly go with either a 7mmRUM in a tight chamber or a 7mm-338Lapua Imp either way you'll get better reloading componets and probably better velocity.
I was actualy kicking around the idea of a 7mm-338RUM for a while, I realy don't think that the velocity increase from the bigger 300RUM case would offer any advantage over the slightly shorter 338RUM case being that they are both badly overbore.
As for the barrel , Lilja is definatly one of the best and I'd say that 28" would be the minimum for one of these bad boys. I'm not sure what you plan to shoot with it as far as range and critters but step the twist rate up a bit to shoot either the 180gr Berger VLD's or the 200gr Wildcats

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anybody that has ever been able to get close to the listed velocitys that Lazzeroni gets. Their ammo is very expensive ,their reloading componets are also very expensive and from what I've seen their brass is crap.

I'd personaly go with either a 7mmRUM in a tight chamber or a 7mm-338Lapua Imp either way you'll get better reloading componets and probably better velocity.
I was actualy kicking around the idea of a 7mm-338RUM for a while, I realy don't think that the velocity increase from the bigger 300RUM case would offer any advantage over the slightly shorter 338RUM case being that they are both badly overbore.
As for the barrel , Lilja is definatly one of the best and I'd say that 28" would be the minimum for one of these bad boys. I'm not sure what you plan to shoot with it as far as range and critters but step the twist rate up a bit to shoot either the 180gr Berger VLD's or the 200gr Wildcats

[/ QUOTE ]

Good sound advice..............

hove can i geth reamers and dies fore 7mm-338 lapua imp. and are imp with 40 degrese shoulder

[ QUOTE ]
hove can i geth reamers and dies fore 7mm-338 lapua imp. and are imp with 40 degrese shoulder

[/ QUOTE ]

My first choice would be Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge
http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/
Phone number on web site and contact information on website.

I'll also add that I agree with JDJones comments

i am getting 3720 fps at 10' from the muzle using hornady interbonds. 2" 2-1/2" at 500 yards. with my firebird. rem action 27" pac-nor wrapped by christensen in a hs stock with leopold 6.5x 20 lr.this load is way under listed max but i stopped when i hit this speed.

I dont have a firebird but I have a Warbird. Love the lazzeroni rounds. Get the 28" barrel and a fast twist. The action is an opened up remington with sako extractor. I also have the 7 and 300 RUMs they are all great cartridges. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.