6x47 SM to .17-.17 Satan?

joe mac

I've read bits and pieces about this wildcat necking down the 6x47 swiss match case to .17 and I believe they called it the .17 satan.

Does anybody know anything about this round?

Also what can you tell me about the 5mm/25 SMC, this is the one with the round neck. Not much info about this out there either that I can find.

I can find nothing on the 17-17 Satan or the 6 - 47 SM. Made from a Swis round. I do have a 6 x 47 which is the 222 mag. case blown out to 6mm, and have heard of the 6-47 Laupa, which sounds like it must be closer to what your looking for. I would recomand you google it and see what you find. I have found info on several rounds that way.

Wouldn't it be easier to just purchase a 17Rem?

From the information you've given, the internal dimensions seem pretty close....

Scott

I never said I was considering it, just that I couldn't find much info on it but have seen the .17 satan on different wildcat lists and was wondering if anybody has heard of or had any experience with it.

After looking around it turns out it is called the .20 satan and is not .17 obviously. My mistake. I found a little info over on saubier, even one of my own old threads, looks like I've asked about this round before.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.