6mm Remington Conversion

10-4, will do. Hoping that a re-chamber might help before considering re-barreling. I have to say that when I measured the necks of FIRED cases in that 6mm Remy the dial on my concentricity gauge NEVER moved off "zero". I would think that if the barrel itself was the issue that it just wouldnt group no matter what I did. In this particular case the rifle would print a GREAT group but NEVER repeat it. I never could get groups to repeat no matter how precisely I monitored case length, case weight, seating depth or charge weight (triple weighed by the way), concentricity, etc, etc....

[QUOTE="LoneTraveler, post: 1424961, member: 77249"...,If the rifle did not shoot to expectation as a 6MM rem. With the cost of cutting and threading a setback job, and cutting new chamber. You may want to consider a new barrel and a chance to get the better accuracy you are looking for in this rifle. Good Luck on this adventure.....[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a curious mind, and projects undertaken with gaining experience or knowledge for the pleasure of just doing it.

That said kick it to the curb, if for nothing else it opens the door to more choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.