6mm remington brass from 6.5

Oldschool280

So there i was cleaning out under the bench and found about 50 winchester cases from the days before i reloaded for for swede. Once i started reloading i went right to norma and lapua brass and never looked back but still i held on to these guys. I remember reading complaints how the Case head was dimensionally incorrect For the bolt face and extractor of the m96 mausers and such , although i never had any issues with the winchester brass in my 38 sporter. Realizing how close in dimensions the swede and 6 mm rem were i rans some winchester swedes through my full length die set and ,,,voila 6mm rem brass. Only drawback is the case neck isnt as generous as factory brass coming in around 25 -30 thou short. But still a longer neck than a 243 win. I have been usind theses cases with 49.5 grains of rl19 under a 70 smk and the brasss is gorgeous.
I havent yet noticed accuracy issues with the short neck .i was Suspect of the swede brass as its saami specs are considerably lower than that of the 6mm rem but no issues or signs yet

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts