6mm rem brass

red dawg

Guy's why is this stuff so hard to find? with the popularity off the texas trophy hunter, 22 6mm ai and just the 6mm in its self? I have been looking for 18 months

I've tossed the idea around of buying loaded 6mm ammo and pulling bullets! lol but it's that bad I'm down to 40 loaded rounds and I have friends that have less

Thanks Lone Traveler, it appears I ordered the last one, no conformation on the order yet but it said one left so maybe the crows will remember that unfriendly sound they, (some) used to hear! thanks a bunch!

You can usually dig some up on gunbroker. Unlike other cartridges that are hard to find brass for, the price for 6mm usually isn't too bad.

I just noticed some Remington brand on Armslist, of all places; can't upload the link. I snagged 100 of the recent run of Hornady, but a deal for a rifle fell through. Hanging on to it, though....for now.

In the future remember that you can neck down 7×57 Mauser (the parent cartridge of 6mm Rem) brass in your regular 6mm rem dies.
I made my brass for my 6AI from 7×57 Norma brass and the uniformity and quality was excellent .
Also last year Hornady released 6mm rem brass, saw it on sale at Midway.

The 7MM (7 X 57) was the parent of 257 Roberts and 244 Rem./6MM Rem. It seems the Case Manufactures just set up when the moon is right to run these cases. If a person builds on these cases you have to be a brass hunter all the time. I came close to building a 6MM Rem. a few years ago. Glad I just kept my 243. Good Luck in your search for cases. Good luck finding cases.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.