6mm Rem AI

In my .244 Ak, I use 46.0gr I-4350 lit by a Rem 9 1/2M primer in an 8 twist. This is with a 107gr SMK moly bullet. Recommend you begin with a lighter load.
db

I shoot a 6mm Imp, the rifle has a 12 twist, 26" barrel. The best load in my rifle was 49.5gr IMR4350 and a 70gr BT. The velocity ran right around 3800fps.

Joel, look at Mike J's 6mm Ackely Improved Reloading Page or Reloadersnest.com. There is a bunch of load data for the 6mm Ackely Improved. Let me know if you find the sites.

Wildcat

Joel, I have had two based on min spec reamer and zero freebore for shooting lighter bullets.

I shot a fireforming load of 51.5g of Win 760 in winchester cases with fed 210's, bullet seated to touch the lands, velocity of 4050 fps in a 26" SS barrel, grouping in the high 3's. In the formed load, I shot 52.5g of 760 with a 70g Ballistic tip, accuracy was in the 3's at 4150 fps.

Every barrel is different along with lot # of powder so work up to my loads.

Good luck!

Keith

Thank you gentlemen for all your info.

Wildcat, I checked reloadersnest first but did'nt search hard enough. I went back and searched harder and found what you're talking about. Thanks.

No problem, I am still thinking about buying your stock, I am waiting for some $$$.

Wildcat

Joel, sounds like a plan. I am looking forward to hearing how your 6mm AI performes. Keep us informed.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.