6mm AI

geauxtigers

Hey everyone. Need some help with a good load for a 6mm AI with the 105 grain a max. Got some R25 and some H414.

Thank You for your help
Taylor

I'm shooting a 6-284 and having outstanding relults with Ramshot Magnum.
It is a great powder for the big 6's.
Shooting the 107smk's at 3400fps with very low sd and es. of 8fps and only a couple inches of vertical max,at 600yds. Some of that could be me too .
I put my last two out of three shots into one inch at 500meters with the 3rd just two inches away directly horizontal, must have been a gust of wind.

Ramshot Magnum is a much underrated powder.

Thank Uou Rockz. I had full intention of making a 243 AI but got talked into a 6mm AI. So i bought re 25 and h414. I might have to take it back and switch. Thank You for you help.

I shot a 6 AI for years with SMK 107's Molyed and N-165 powder. 3200 fps from a 28" barrel.I shot 5 rounds over a chrono and got an E/S of 3 and SD of 1! The guy that built the rifle said I was wasting time playing with the load any more. It was a laser to 1K, shot well inside a 300 Win Mag with 190's at 1K.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.