6MM Creedmoor Dead?

I'm still waiting for you to explain why we should expect different performance from the same bullets in 6mm.

As for your 14 pages, I never said you can't kill game with them. I personally won't use a target bullet on game because they are too inconsistent.

Even if we manage a one shot kill it doesn't necessarily mean we got ideal performance out of any given bullet.

You called them "flying bombs" lol.

Nope, they are all the same. You're right.

And they (eldm) work really well in many diameters and weights. Lol

Well since you believe that we need not discuss the actual cartridge (6mm creedmoor) and bullets (108eldm or 103eldx)

Here's 14 pages worth of dead animals from all sorts of eldm's, since all are the same. In fact that link includes a post about the actual video I posted pages back. The 108gr eldm, from a 6mm creedmoor at 485yds broke the on side shoulder of the cow elk.

You do nothing but argue about anything and everything, I'm sure actual documentation of the eldm's performance on game will not suffice.
Actually that's 14 pages of discussion with only a handful of guys chiming in saying they'd actually used the ELD-M on game.

Both of which would be flying bombs at those impact velocities. Both are far too fragile to be dependable at that kind of range.

"At those ranges". The only ranges discussed that I saw were 400-600yds, stated by you.

So what is it? Are they flying bombs "at those ranges", the very ranges you stated?

Moral of the story is, you are talking in circles. Eldm's work just fine, in many versions as they're all the same (per you).

Well as someone who has shot multiple animals sub 300yds with eldm's (140gr...not that it matters per you, no matter the weight or diameter they all perform the same). I can tell you they are not "flying bombs" and I've yet to catch one in an animal.

Keep circling........you said what you said. You're incorrect on all accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
"At those ranges". The only ranges discussed that I saw were 400-600yds, stated by you.

So what is it? Are they flying bombs "at those ranges", the very ranges you stated?

Moral of the story is, you are talking in circles. Eldm's work just fine, in many versions as they're all the same (per you).
Since you seem to have forgotten, the yardage being discussed here was 485yds.

You don't have to worry at 485 yds about a high velocity impact causing the bullet to breakup without penetrating well.

That's just getting into the kind of impact velocity those bullets are made to perform well at, particularly the ELD-X.

Well, I am glad to see the 6mm Creed is still going strong, once my licenses are granted I plan to build one, especially since I see a lot of store shelves with ammo coming back. If the 6.5 PRC ammo would start to fill up the store shelves, that will be another rifle I will be building. I had always wondered if the 6mm Creed or 6mm anything was to light for WT and up, but seeing a cow elk drop from a well placed shot from 485yds is pretty awesome.

This is why good Posts and threads go bad and members put the whole thread on Ignore as well as some of the members posting.
It's real easy to just stop arguing.
No doubt! It's been the same few here lately, not a soul can have an opinion or experience outside their own or have a different opinion or they will be there to argue to the death there experience or opinion. It's an old school mentality that has started to go away but some still can't stand others thinking differently.
I believe in "you do you and I'll do me" so live and let live already. I have said my 2 cents, peace out!

Have you had any personal experiences with this bullet? I just picked up a 6mm creed and about to start reloading so if you have any first hand experience on game I would greatly appreciate it. I love the 210 hunting vld in my 300 win mag
Nope but a hunting pard has cleaned up a bunch of cow elk with one. Talked me into building one. And then my guide's son killed a muley buck and a bull elk with a 6 creed and Hornady factory 108 ELDM ammo last fall. So now I'm collecting parts!