6MM Creedmoor Dead?

baggy270

I've been trying to find a 6MM Creedmoor rifle and many manufacturers aren't making them anymore due to slow sales. Is the cartridge dead or do you think things might pick up again when shortages are over?

I've been trying to find a 6MM Creedmoor rifle and many manufacturers aren't making them anymore due to slow sales. Is the cartridge dead or do you think things might pick up again when shortages are over?
Certainly doesn't appear to be.

After the nauseating overhyping of the 6.5CM I have an automatic revulsive reflex when I hear the name "Creedmore" but I have to admit for a light varmint/deer rifle the 6mm has some appeal.

I built one and out it together. Love it. I couldn't believe the velocities it produces with 108's. Way faster than 243. Best thing is they stack in right on top each other and it's a pleasant to shoot. Especially suppressed
What kind of velocity are you getting and with what load? From everything I've found published the velocities were within about 100fps of each other.

If I could push them at 3,400-3,600 like I can with the 6.5LRM I might just need to do some exploring here... .

What kind of velocity are you getting and with what load? From everything I've found published the velocities were within about 100fps of each other.

If I could push them at 3,400-3,600 like I can with the 6.5LRM I might just need to do some exploring here... .
You won't get those velocities with a 105-108. If you used rl-26 you could probably get a 105 around 3350. I've heard reports upwards of 3400. My competition rifle is a 6 creed and 3100 with a 109 berger isn't even leaning on it yet.

3,180' with staball 6.5 and 44.3 grains 24" barrel 7.5 twist. It's a very very consistent load. Not sure I'd shoot it above 80 degrees though. Every hog I've shot goes straight down. My sons buck he shot at 100 yards this year went straight down. Coyotes it will leave gigantic holes in and targets it leaves little tiny holes. I love the caliber. Fun to shoot.

Gonna try RL 26 and 105's and 108's. I think I can get another 50' out the powder.