6mm 117 DTAC?

sscoyote

Anybody tried it yet for varmints? Looks like it might give the best overall LR performance (including terminal ballistics) with the polymer tip for 24 cals.

SScoyote

They work good for the larger varmints(deer and Hogs). They seem to expand quick and hold together better than the 107's too. I have only killed 7 animals so far with them and couldn't be happier. I am pushing the @ 3250 so that might help with the expansion.

1doug

117gr DTAC

Hi Doug is their anty possibility of you posting 5 to me please to measure and look at?

It is verry hard to get them here and would like to haveva look at some before buying 500+

Cheers Bill
Australia

FYI...

I talked to David Tubb, he is getting a new run of these out. The existing ones are exploding in flight, if using for paper punching and running multiple rounds.

He felt they would be okay to varmint shoot if only using for a few shots and cooling.

He just called me last week and said the new run is getting close, slightly thicker jacket to help with the exploding in flight problem. They may not be the 117 weight, but still very similar BC and performance as the 115 DTAC.

Hope this helps. I am waiting for his call and order the new lot.

SM,
What does he intend to do with the 117 gr. fragile jacket bullets?

Our MV's (sscoyote & myself) are lower since we use specialty handguns. I wonder if they would work great @ a 2700 fps MV?

he didn't say, call him and talk to him. Great guy.....

make him an offer.... maybe he would sell you larger numbers for cheap.

most of his stuff is already in 500 quantities.

SM,
What does he intend to do with the 117 gr. fragile jacket bullets?

Our MV's (sscoyote & myself) are lower since we use specialty handguns. I wonder if they would work great @ a 2700 fps MV?

D tubb is only shooting them @ 2900 or so. I havent had any come apart under 800 yards. I have had some not make the trip to 1400 though. Its weird since the 105 amaxes dust @ 100 yards out of the same gun.

1doug

Hi Doug is their anty possibility of you posting 5 to me please to measure and look at?

It is verry hard to get them here and would like to haveva look at some before buying 500+

Cheers Bill
Australia

pm sent

1doug

Thanks for the info.
I spoke with David this afternoon and he gave me the info I was looking for.
In a months time I should know more.

As mentioned before they will go with a heavier jacket, which will lessen weight. He is not sure what weight it will end up at. From what was said, it will be the weight where they get the best accuracy.

Wait and see for now.

As mentioned before they will go with a heavier jacket, which will lessen weight. He is not sure what weight it will end up at. From what was said, it will be the weight where they get the best accuracy.

Wait and see for now.

ernie

you could probably talk me out of 400 or so I have left if you want the thinner jacketed ones.

1doug

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.