DTAC 117 grain 6mm bullets

I shoot the 115 DTAC in a 1 in 8 broughton. I know they will !

I am gonna order a box of the Boron coated ones tomorrow...

I have around 670 of the 115 DTACS if you want to try them Ernie.

Blowing Up

Hi Does any one know if the problem with them blowing up has beel fixed?

Also do they stabalize in a 8.5 twist at 3000fps.
Cheers Bill

SM,
The only bullet I have put down my tube is the 115DTAC in my 6-284 XP.
I am just curious if the 117's will stabilize or not?

Hi Does any one know if the problem with them blowing up has beel fixed?

Also do they stabalize in a 8.5 twist at 3000fps.
Cheers Bill

Called and talked to Dave himself. He is getting a new batch made up. They will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. He said they will have a slightly thicker wall and will be either slighty heavier or possibly lighter. Just different than the existing 117.

If shooting only for hunting situations, woudl be fine with current batch. But, if punching paper, could have some blow up from heat.

any estimates for a velocity limit on these things

I had planned on building a 6-300wsm barrel specifically for these things when they came out. Kinda wanted to combine awesome bc, and varmint velocity. How fast do you think i can drive these things before they dissolve.

-comfisherman

velocity

Hi until the problems are fixed 3000fps is all they will handle. lets hope they fix them at .600bc at 3150 they will blow 6.5-284's out off the water.

Cheers Bill
Australia

117gr DTAC's

Hi if you read the lable on the post it is about 117gr DTAC's not 115gr DTAC's. The 115's will hold togethor but the 117's will not thats what we are talking about.

Cheers Bill

I had planned on building a 6-300wsm barrel specifically for these things when they came out. Kinda wanted to combine awesome bc, and varmint velocity. How fast do you think i can drive these things before they dissolve.

-comfisherman

I have had them to 3300 in a 6-284 with out any problems.

1 doug

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.